Squirrel mini-emergency

^_^

Just as he was about to get in, I spilled a *little* scalding coffee on him through the crack he had made between the plastic guard and the window frame - just enough to make him change his mind. Then I quickly yanked the air conditioner out of the window and slammed it shut. There was something wrong about that squirrel.

Rabies?

I actually was worried about that. The reason I mentioned it in my first post is that he seemed weirdly aggressive and determined for a squirrel - he kept showing his teeth and he was clawing at the plastic guard really hard. I thought it was a rat until I saw the tail.

Just catching up on this thread, I'm surprised that he didn't just go ahead and chew through the plastic in the first place. If they can effortlessly tunnel through our heavy duty gutter guards, I'd think an AC accordian screen would be like a piece of spaghetti for one of 'em.

He probably would have if I hadn't managed to get the AC out of the window in a hurry.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now he's just taunting me. When I woke up this morning, I found him sleeping on the window sill.

Are you sure that it's not, now, all in your head?

"Villains!" I shrieked," dissemble no more! I admit the deed! --tear up the planks! here, here! --It is the beating of his hideous (squirrel) heart!"

OK, now he's just taunting me. When I woke up this morning, I found him sleeping on the window sill.

Hey, you know, I'm not a violent person or anything, and I love animals, but it's time to either call animal control or else kill this motherfucker.

Edited by JSngry

Are you sure that it's not, now, all in your head?

"Villains!" I shrieked," dissemble no more! I admit the deed! --tear up the planks! here, here! --It is the beating of his hideous (squirrel) heart!"

:lol::lol:

Hey, you know, I'm not a violent person or anything, and I love animals, but it's time to either call animal control or else kill this motherfucker.

I don't think he needs to kill it ---- plus he's in Manhattan so he can't exactly borrow one of our 16-gauge jobbers --- but rather pick up one of those super-soaker water guns and drill the sucker a few times over with some good 'ol H20. My guess is he'll bolt.

I don't think he needs to kill it ---- plus he's in Manhattan so he can't exactly borrow one of our 16-gauge jobbers --- but rather pick up one of those super-soaker water guns and drill the sucker a few times over with some good 'ol H20. My guess is he'll bolt.

Nah, use ammonia or something like that. Gotta send a message, and maybe do some harm to get him to the point where nature takes him out. This squirrel is definitely, like the man says, wrong. Action must be taken.

Nah, use ammonia or something like that. Gotta send a message, and maybe do some harm to get him to the point where nature takes him out. This squirrel is definitely, like the man says, wrong. Action must be taken.

Ammonia did the trick! Thanks for the idea. As soon as I read that, a little light bulb went off - it smells just like cat piss. I've even put the air conditioner back.

Does this mean that this thread has to come to an end? I'm loving the display of google image skills. :lol:

Not that I intend to make light of a serious potentially rabid animal situation; I'm glad it's been resolved, but damn some of these pics and posts are hilarious.

Did you hit him directly w/the ammonia, or did you just make a shot in his general area? I'd hope for as non-intrusive solution to the problem as possible, but sometimes that's not an option, unfortunately.

Either way, glad that it's over, and hope it stays over.

Does this mean that this thread has to come to an end? I'm loving the display of google image skills. :lol:

Not that I intend to make light of a serious potentially rabid animal situation; I'm glad it's been resolved, but damn some of these pics and posts are hilarious.

"You talkin' to me? YOU TALKIN' TO ME??"

117088GMok_w.jpg

Did you hit him directly w/the ammonia, or did you just make a shot in his general area? I'd hope for as non-intrusive solution to the problem as possible, but sometimes that's not an option, unfortunately.

Either way, glad that it's over, and hope it stays over.

I didn't hit him with it at all, I just poured it on the window sill while he was away. Now he's my neighbor's problem.

"You talkin' to me? YOU TALKIN' TO ME??"

117088GMok_w.jpg

Dude, I can't see the image; it seems you got no skillz. ;)

Dude, your skillz is even worse. Ever heard of looking up the image at the original address?

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/117000/117088GMok_w.jpg

:rhappy:

HA! Only to get this?

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

See, your skillz is the worstest of all!

Dude, your skillz is even worse. Ever heard of looking up the image at the original address?

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/117000/117088GMok_w.jpg

:rhappy:

HA! Only to get this?

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have

been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

it'zz your cimputer that suxzzz!

See, your skillz is the worstestezzt of all!

Edited by couw