what are you drinking right now?

new from a local brewery , a most delightful, albeit a tad sweet, mahogany colored maple toasted mt. carmel nut brown ale in a duval tulip.

the lacing is glorious to behold.

i'm now going to dial up one of son of miles sumptuous nichtlights episodes and kick back.

the jade bass, a scott lefaro remembrance, will work just fine.

mt-carmel-nut-brown-ale.jpg

nutbrown.jpg

Edited by alocispepraluger102

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

lafinbox.jpg

Finishing up a large bottle of La Fin du Monde - an amazing Belgian-style ale made by Unibroue in Canada. I bought it on Sunday, January 1 because I could. It's the first time I've ever been able to legally buy alcohol in Georgia on Sunday. Georgia leaps into the mid-20th century!

• 2 months later...

A cup of tea!

I rarely drink booze, but my daughter got me a special reserve sherry for Christmas. This one.

18848.jpg

If any Brits want to try the best shery I've ever tasted - actually, the best DRINK I've ever had, here's a link to Slurp.co.uk, where you can get it.

http://www.slurp.co.uk/fortified-wines/sherry/18848-toro-albala-don-pedro-ximenez-gran-reserva-1985-37.5cl-/

It's twenty quid (for 375ml) there. My daughter got me the same size bottle for fifteen. I liked it so much, I asked her to get me another bottle, which she did so, when she came over for Mothers' Day yesterday, we had a tiny glass each.

Absolute Ambrosia!

MG

Had a great Pinot Noir at the restaurant last night (dinner with mère ubu's mother who celebrated her 70th birthday), but I failed to memorise what it was...

Now: tea, since we've had no heating (moronic guys administrating things here keep forgetting to check if there's any oil left...) since the very beginning of Saturday. It turned to just around 18 degrees. Not too nice... an oil truck was there an hour ago, but nothing changed yet, still no warm water (hey, taking a shower in the morning really turns into an experience like this :crazy: ).

I rarely drink booze, but my daughter got me a special reserve sherry for Christmas. This one.

18848.jpg

If any Brits want to try the best shery I've ever tasted - actually, the best DRINK I've ever had, here's a link to Slurp.co.uk, where you can get it.

http://www.slurp.co.uk/fortified-wines/sherry/18848-toro-albala-don-pedro-ximenez-gran-reserva-1985-37.5cl-/

It's twenty quid (for 375ml) there. My daughter got me the same size bottle for fifteen. I liked it so much, I asked her to get me another bottle, which she did so, when she came over for Mothers' Day yesterday, we had a tiny glass each.

Absolute Ambrosia!

MG

I know I'm nitpicking here, but this dessert wine is not technically a sherry - it's a Pedro Ximenez made near Cordoba. Although the grapes used and winemaking process may be very similar to sweet sherries in this case, by law, "sherry" can only be made in Sanlucar de Barrameda, El Puerto de Santa Maria, or Jerez de la Frontera, which are 200 km away from this winery.

a really nice looking beer which, to me, tastes like a near identical twin of sam smith oatmeal stout.

it's a really fine beer, but a bit sweet for my taste.

it can't come remotely near a draft pint of 'regular' guinness.

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

Where do you buy that beer?

18848.jpg

Absolute Ambrosia!

MG

I know I'm nitpicking here, but this dessert wine is not technically a sherry - it's a Pedro Ximenez made near Cordoba. Although the grapes used and winemaking process may be very similar to sweet sherries in this case, by law, "sherry" can only be made in Sanlucar de Barrameda, El Puerto de Santa Maria, or Jerez de la Frontera, which are 200 km away from this winery.

Thank you very much. I didn't know that. I'll show my daughter this next time she visits.

Still bloody lovely, though.

MG

18848.jpg

Absolute Ambrosia!

MG

Thank you very much. I didn't know that. I'll show my daughter this next time she visits.

Still bloody lovely, though.

MG

The easiest way to tell what is and isn't a sherry is: if the label says "D.O. Jerez-Xeres-Sherry" (or D.O. Manzanilla Sanlúcar de Barrameda for certain very dry wines made in that town), then it's a sherry. If it doesn't say that, it ain't.

Edited by Big Wheel