what are you drinking right now?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mikeweil said:

1593_0.jpg

Nice blend of Negroamaro with ten percent Malvasia nera - tasty, but needs to have the right temperature and breathe some before drinking.

28137741vi.jpg

Notarpanaro by Cosimo Taurino from Guagnano near Lecce (Puglia) – 85% Negroamaro, 15% Malvasia Nera – my choice since nearly 30 years! 

7 hours ago, mikeweil said:

Looks good - you got an online source for it?

https://www.bremerwein.de/notarpanaro-rosso.html . Taurino's 'flagship' is Patriglione – but more expensive. I´ve visited the winery of Dott. Cosimo Taurino in 1989. Now his widow Rita, her daughter Rosanna and her husband Dott. Fernando Antonio Bello are responsible. Taurino ships worldwide. 

Edited by optatio

3 hours ago, Scott Dolan said:

That's arguably the finest "budget" single malt around. First time I had it, it was $20. 

Have you tried the 12y.o Balvenie double barrel? That's my second favorite Scotch behind Lagavulin. 

No, I haven't had the Balvenie  yet. Lagavulin is Islay, does it tastes peaty, like Laphroaig? Wife gave me a 18 y.o. Laphroaig for B-day, and it's still here. Wayyy too strong for me. The 10 y.o. is a lot more palatable to me. That being said, I'm not a Scotch cognoscenti, more like an amateur admirer. I must say that Johnny Walker Platinum is a pretty amazing-tasting scotch.  

• 2 weeks later...