• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jazzbo said:

Really expensive! REALLY good.

milk_hg_whole_up_grassmilk_ff.png

Interesting. What differences do you notice between this and regular milk? I'm always up for trying a new milk (soy, almond, etc). I wonder what "ultra pasteurized" means? 

Have you ever had milk straight from the cow? Even though raw milk cheeses are usually quite good, raw milk is absolutely disgusting, IMO. 

Raw milk is hard to handle, need to get used to it I think. 

This milk is . . . well I want to say "like butter" but it's delicious and smooth and so different from the supermarket "non-organic" brands. Those have a decided "tang" that this does not. It's like ultra-thin cream, it's so great really cold, and great in cereal.

I've gravitated to organic brands in part to cut down on the milk I drink--I spend as much and get far less volume. . . I cherish it because I won't let myself spend more than what I used to. There's a real difference in organic milks but every brand I've tried is so much better than the "ordinary" milk. I usually get the supermarket (here it's Heinen's) organic milk until and unless other brands (Horizon, Nature Valley, etc.) are on sale. 

Very cool. I'll have to see if I can find it here. One of our local grocers tends to carry a lot of the...hmmmm, "boutique" brands of goods. 

I hear you on the volume. I dramatically cut my milk intake years ago. We also cut back to 2% for health reasons, but whole milk is still a great treat. 

Thanks for the info. :) 

I didn't really have to for present health reasons, but the future is dicier with a few gallons of whole milk a week. I can't do the 2% Lord knows I've tried.

The regular Organic Farms milk is really good, but there is something special about this Grass Fed Milk, and the price unfortunately reflects that!

Yeah, I should have we switched simply because we changed over to a healthier diet. Whole milk is really good for you, but it can be quite fattening if you're not judicious with your intake. I watch my 17 year old son in awe while he saws through that stuff as though it were oxygen. 

AND! Believe it or not, we actually weaned ourselves all the way down to SKIM milk for nearly a decade! But then my wife just up and decided she'd had enough and we went back to 2%. These days I can actually drink any of the iterations and not mind.