what are you drinking right now?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh also jim-i have been wondering what is up with the jazz pepsi stuff. the labelling is awful. looks like it is for the crystal lite crowd. i asked my friend who worked at pepsi and he had no good answer. i was liking the diet black cherry coke a lot so i was intrigued by this jazz stuff. it's aight but nothing to get again, IMO. feels like a limited edition thing. the packaging is so crappy looking-looks like some dodgy company just slapped a pespi logo on their diet product.

I don't know how or why they're doing this. I do like the strawberries & cream, that's a unique flavor for a diet cola, and the blend of flavors is actually pretty smooth.

I basically stopped my alcohol consumption about a year-and-a-half ago. No rhyme or reason to it, I just did. And what a wimp I've become! I had two beers a few weeks ago & I almost fell asleep. How quickly the chops leave....

No matter. I've drank enough alcohol in my lifetime to last for the rest of this one, and several more. I might well resume at some point, but right now, I'm just not interested.

lon-i drank a sixer of newcastle last evening. well i drank 4.5 and my girlfriend drank 1.5. it is good. i am surprised you never had it. it is real common here in the new york area and was common up in providence during college. my friend tried to tell me it got its color from pigs blood or bulls blood-i don't remember. hopefully not true.

AKA, I just am not a drinker. I WAS a drinker in my early twenties, looking back now alarmingly so as in rural Ohio where I was encamped the boredom was cut with a dull knife thick, and the culture I traveled in was busy sedating themselves. Then I discovered two wheel vehicles, first off the road and then on and I quickly vowed not to have more than a beer or two and ride and I had to ride so that tempered my habits. Then when I ended up being in Austin for another handful of years I had two close friends. male and female, that individually messed their lives up big with the demon drink, one even ending hers in relation to her alcoholism and the taste curdled in my gut. Right after that I found my true love in a woman whose father and two brothers had been/are alcoholics and the fact that I took little pleasure in spirits was a big cementing plus for me. So. . . now and then in the safety of my home with a few friends I'll have a few. And sleep well . . . very well. .. before too long!

I'd seen this brown ale before but had no idea what it would taste like. I tend towards Dutch and Scandinavian darker brews otherwise.

Edited by jazzbo

An exquisite Moulis wine Chateau Tour Granins Grand Poujeaux 1998' went down with the Sunday lunch.

Moulis is the Bordeaux area which produces the excellent Chateau Chasse Spleen! No spleen today so this wine did very nicely.

It was followed by a reasonable dose (no driving today!) of Marc de Beaujolais Terres Dorées from the estate of the great Beaujolais grower Jean-Paul Brun!

It's a pretty good day :P

Edited by brownie

lon-i drank a sixer of newcastle last evening. well i drank 4.5 and my girlfriend drank 1.5. it is good. i am surprised you never had it. it is real common here in the new york area and was common up in providence during college. my friend tried to tell me it got its color from pigs blood or bulls blood-i don't remember. hopefully not true.

Nah, not pigs blood. Just the blood of Geordies. :g

I remember hearing from some Geordies the the old story about the 'Newcastle Ward' at the regional health facility....

Now drinking some Ethiopian Sidamo (nothing but bold in this house) to help purge last nite's Bitburger and Spaten from the system. :crazy:

I can just imagine going into the Red Bull in Tonyrefail and asking for Ethiopian Sidamo!

Where's the smiley for a boot up the arse?

MG