what are you drinking right now?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

h48.gifAfter all the hype over this new product I was excited to finally get my hands on it - and in its brand new 40oz form - thanks to FultonCounty40z! To make a long story short, its a decent malt taste at a strong % - easily the smoothest of the high gravity brews. Reminds me of Magnum - if this was a regular malt that wouldn't be a compliment, but being over 8% it definitely is. Easy to drink and gives a decent buzz. This replaced Hurricane Ice, which was basically only test marketed in OR & WA states, but unlike that brand (which was 7.5%) this one is spreading like AIDS. Swill is swill but not too bad. I would definitely drink this on the reg if I could get it by me easily. Overall 9 outta 10 stars for being probably the smoothest HG on teh market. If people keep choosing St. Ides or Steel Reserve 211 over this, it's only cuz their taste buds rotted away from life long alcohol abuse.

What is "high gravity"?

h48.gifAfter all the hype over this new product I was excited to finally get my hands on it - and in its brand new 40oz form - thanks to FultonCounty40z! To make a long story short, its a decent malt taste at a strong % - easily the smoothest of the high gravity brews. Reminds me of Magnum - if this was a regular malt that wouldn't be a compliment, but being over 8% it definitely is. Easy to drink and gives a decent buzz. This replaced Hurricane Ice, which was basically only test marketed in OR & WA states, but unlike that brand (which was 7.5%) this one is spreading like AIDS. Swill is swill but not too bad. I would definitely drink this on the reg if I could get it by me easily. Overall 9 outta 10 stars for being probably the smoothest HG on teh market. If people keep choosing St. Ides or Steel Reserve 211 over this, it's only cuz their taste buds rotted away from life long alcohol abuse.

What is "high gravity"?

HIGH ALCOHOL CONTENT CHEAP LAGER BREWED SPECIALLY FOR THE GHETTO BY THE BUDWEISER PEOPLE:

Hurricane High Gravity HG

Get ready to "Feel the Pull" of the new Hurricane High Gravity Lager. Hurricane HG is on target to blow away the competition. This exciting new product is smooth-brewed with quality hops for Higher Gravity. Hurricane High Gravity Lager delivers the rich taste consumers demand. Pull in more sales with smooth-brewed Hurricane High Gravity.

Brand Role Hurricane High Gravity is a great product to help source volume as well as providing single serve opportunities.

Target Adults, primarily 21- 34.

Product This exciting new product is “Smooth Brewed with Quality Hops and Extra Barley Malt for Higher Gravity. Hurricane High Gravity is 8.1% ABV.

Packaging Hurricane High Gravity Lager is available in 24 oz. single serve cans, 24 oz. cans, 4 pack 16 oz cans and 12 oz. cans.

(99 cents for a 24 ouncer)

To the guy who finished off the "15yr old Bunnahabain" frick and frack :P

To conclude the summer a nice chilled bottle of Jamaican Red Stripe Lager.

Edited by sailor

budweiser natty ice.

below is from epinions.com:

The best among the cheapest, which makes it the best among the commercial brews.

Jan 21 '06 (Updated Jan 21 '06)

Pros

For me, it is inexpensive, lacks major flavor

Cons

For some, it will be inexpensive, lacks major flavor

The Bottom Line

Certainly there are other brews to sample out there with much more complexity. But for a commercial brew, this one is as good as the others and much cheaper, too.

Full Review

Five stars you say? Listen: Natural Ice is cheap. Natural Ice has alcohol. And Natural Ice taste like… Budweiser. Well, perhaps it is not exactly like Budweiser, but it is close enough that almost all of you should not care. Sure it doesn’t taste like burned hops or a fruity banana. But it sure is cheaper then that beer that tastes like burned hops, and it gets you drunk just as quick. Personally, while I can taste a difference in the many wacky brands of beer, I must ask myself – does Samuel Adams truly taste better then, say, Budweiser Light? Or does Reisdorff Kolch truly taste better then Mackeson XXX Stout? Well, perhaps in that case, maybe. But still, in the world of major commercial brews, one beer is really the same as the next. Due to its cheap price and similar taste, I find this to be the best beer among it’s competition – major commercial beers.

When we went over to Busch Gardens, we took the beer class. In this class at one point they offer you the cool, crisp refreshing taste of Budweiser, and you are allowed to taste it next to the cool, not-so-crisp-because-we-stuck-it-in-an-oven-for-several-days aged Budweiser beer. There is certainly a difference, but I distinctly remember my friend saying of the aged Budweiser – “this is pretty good” (it had real flavor like flowers and all eight of the different ingredients), and of the new Budweiser “this tastes like as*” (it had the flavor- or rather lack of flavor – or regular Budweiser).

Which brings up my argument in this particular review: Can you really tell the difference between one of those $5/bottle beers and carbonated rat urine? And more importantly, can you truly tell the difference between Budweiser Select (panned here) and Natural Ice? Or even Budweiser and Natural Ice? I say – perhaps you can taste a difference, but whether one will taste better then the other is truly doubtful.

From what I understand, Natural Ice has several differences from the main Budweiser label, the main one being that it is brewed much faster which leads to its cheaper price. There is also some freezing involved that allows them to remove water and increase the concentration of alcohol. Yay! Natural Ice is 5.9% alcohol, whereas regular Budweiser is 5% (Bud light, for those sissies out there, is a meager 4.2%). This means that if you half-quart a Natural Ice, you will be 40% more drunk then your friends half-quartin’with Bud Light, and 10% more drunk then your friends half-quartin’ with Budweiser (which is still not all that drunk).

For me, the taste is … carbonated water with a slightly sweet, beer-like aftertaste. I will say one thing: this is one of the more fizzy beverages out there. It is more fizzy then Budweiser, and even more fizzy then Coca-Cola. This means many burps, and a rather filling beer. It also means that as you drink it, you will taste fizz. Not harsh beer, not fruity hops, but fizz. Just like Budweiser.

On many other beer reviews of “better” beers, they tell you about the head, the look, and the aroma … Well, this is Natural Ice! Damn the head, look and aroma. You’re here because you’re poor and you want to get drunk. Still, the beer pours a dark yellow, with a white head that quickly leaves the glass. There is not much of an odor, but what there is smells once again like… Budweiser.

For you that are so fond of putting this beer down, I offer the Natty Ice Challenge: take a bottle of Budweiser, a bottle of some wacky micro-brew, and ye old Natural Ice. Let a friend pour it so you don’t know which is which. Then choose the best. No cheating, now – we know that microbrew will taste different! Still, is the Natural Ice bad? It really won’t taste worse then Budweiser, and may taste better then that wacky micro-brew depending upon which brand you choose, and how much flavor you want in your beer.

Most important with beer is – does it work? Will you feel all warm and fuzzy as you drink it? Will baseball be a lot more interesting and that bucked-tooth girl sitting next to you more attractive? With some beers – namely for some reason Michelob Ultra, the answer is no. But having just drank two of these, I can say that the answer is a most pleasant yes. And it got rid of my cough, too!

Those of you looking for a wacky label and a slightly unusual flavor will prefer other beers. But for the majority of Americans – this beer will be just as good as another, and a lot cheaper at that. Five stars for the best among the commercial brews, and five stars for being cheap as well.

Recommended:

Yes

Beer Name: Natural Ice

Price per six-pack ($US): 3.50 ($1 for a 24 ouncer)

Beer Rating: Better than most

Edited by alocispepraluger102