what are you drinking right now?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

some very passable, very portery, if it had less carbonation, brooklyn brown ale.

I was drinking that last night, out of neccesity. I'm not a big fan of their beers (they all tend to have this sour note to them), but the brewery in Williamsburg is worth a visit if you're ever in town. They actually have a couple varities there that they don't bottle or distribute that are muh better than the varities they make commercially available, which I've always found to be quite odd.

I'm currently finishing off a bottle of Domaine des 2 Anes Corbieres. Pretty good for an organically produced, no-sulfite wine. A little musty, but I guess that is unavoidable (or so it seems).

I had Atwater once and thought it was total crap.

The Brown ale is the best thing Brooklyn Brewery sells in a bottle.

If you ever want to try something REALLY gross, grab a bottle of their chocolate stout if you ever see it in a store. :bad:

You know where they make really good beer in the US? Portland, OR. No lie. You are hard pressed to find most of the best Portland beers outside of the NW, though - in fact many of the best breweries out there only sell their beers on site.

Edited by J Larsen

'hair of the dog' from somewhere in the great northwest are some beers aloc would love to try.

Do you have a Whole Foods near you? The one by my apartment stocks Adam and Fred, two of their flagships brews (and two of the best I've had from the states). They are NOT beers for the faint of heart - they are very, very bold. I slighlty prefer Adam, a darkish, bock-like beer, to Fred, which is a very strong amber-ish Belgian style beer.

'hair of the dog' from somewhere in the great northwest are some beers aloc would love to try.

Do you have a Whole Foods near you? The one by my apartment stocks Adam and Fred, two of their flagships brews (and two of the best I've had from the states). They are NOT beers for the faint of heart - they are very, very bold. I slighlty prefer Adam, a darkish, bock-like beer, to Fred, which is a very strong amber-ish Belgian style beer.

not yet. there's one about 70 miles down the road, where aloc often attends free music sessions. aloc will check with them

tomorrow.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Cheap red wine....but I'm smoking a semi--expensive Cuban cigar(Chohiba Robusto 25/$318)

CO012.jpg

That's a pretty damn good price for a Cuban Cohiba if you're in the states...

Yes, it's actually the best price outside of Cuba or Spain that I know of.

Very reputable vendor I've been buying from for 5 years. He works out of a bonded wharehouse

in a large Asian country. Also, the robustos are not the most expenxive in the Cohiba line-up.

Edited by wolff