what are you drinking right now?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absurdly fancy Taiwanese winter oolong tea. My local premium tea store had a deal on it where they were giving you free tea sets if you bought a certain amount, so I sprung for it. The tea is pretty good, though not so much for everyday drinking!

Looks like you need to watch your "best before" dates. We let some Chinese Oolong go past its date and my wife said it was disgusting! We chucked the rest away.

MG

Absurdly fancy Taiwanese winter oolong tea. My local premium tea store had a deal on it where they were giving you free tea sets if you bought a certain amount, so I sprung for it. The tea is pretty good, though not so much for everyday drinking!

Looks like you need to watch your "best before" dates. We let some Chinese Oolong go past its date and my wife said it was disgusting! We chucked the rest away.

MG

I'm aware that shelf life is an issue, especially for green or half-fermented teas. Oolong lasts about a year and this stuff was picked this past winter, so I have about 6 months to enjoy it.

My guess is that the reason for the special deal was either that they couldn't move the tea sets fast enough (they are brown, which isn't the most attractive color) or that there was less American demand for this particular variety than the company expected.