what are you drinking right now?

Hot tea made with a Tetley tea bag in the microwave.

Love Tetley tea but never tried it in a microwave. Am I missing out on something really good here?

Not really, Paul. I start with cold water in a cup, pop in a tea bag, and bring it to boil in the microwave. The tea tends to be a bit stronger than tea made the more conventional way. I like my tea fairly strong. I often use two tea bags.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often use two tea bags.

That's strong!

Struth! Sometimes my wife and her friend share a tea bag! You wouldn't catch me doing that, but two tea bags reminds me of the story Shelley Berman put on one of his LPs about trying to impress his girl friend by lighting her cigarette and his together, then giving hers to her. But he forgot to give it to her and smoked two at the same time.

MG

That's strong!

Struth! Sometimes my wife and her friend share a tea bag! You wouldn't catch me doing that, but two tea bags reminds me of the story Shelley Berman put on one of his LPs about trying to impress his girl friend by lighting her cigarette and his together, then giving hers to her. But he forgot to give it to her and smoked two at the same time.

MG

I can't imagine sharing a tea bag--not enough caffeine for me. I should note that I often as not brew my tea in a coffee mug, which holds 10 or 12 ounces, so it's more double quantity than double strength.

That's strong!

MG

I can't imagine sharing a tea bag--not enough caffeine for me. I should note that I often as not brew my tea in a coffee mug, which holds 10 or 12 ounces, so it's more double quantity than double strength.

Ah, I can understand that! I have a strong preference for little and often, but to each his own.

MG

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoying being back at home for a week off after 3 weeks of work.

A friend gave me a recipe for Cosmopolitans that is quite tasty.

2 parts lemon vodka (I like Absolut Citron)

1 part Rose's Lime

1 part Triple Sec

1 part Cranberry juice

Sweet, refreshing and quite potent.

Welcome home, Free!

now drinking - Waving Wheat, a Belgian style wheat beer from the Choc Brewery in Oklahoma.

waving.jpg