• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

southern tier imperial mokah-a beer for the ages

southern tier imperial stout

OMFG... "the delicate subtle smell of a chocolate brownie", are you serious? If true, that's bad news for my liver.

Speaking of bready beer, I've had this twice...

bananabeer.jpg

It's not as gimicky as I feared. The banana isn't overpowering either in the scent or the taste. I liked it enough to have it a second time. I'm not sure I need to drink it again, though I would definitely take another pint if it were on tap somewhere. I recommend giving it a shot just in case it turns out to really float your boat. I would approach it as one might a seasonal pumpkin beer... keep your excitement in check until after you've started drinking.

Edited by Chicago Expat

southern tier imperial mokah-a beer for the ages

southern tier imperial stout

OMFG... "the delicate subtle smell of a chocolate brownie", are you serious? If true, that's bad news for my liver.

Speaking of bready beer, I've had this twice...

bananabeer.jpg

It's not as gimicky as I feared. The banana isn't overpowering either in the scent or the taste. I liked it enough to have it a second time. I'm not sure I need to drink it again, though I would definitely take another pint if it were on tap somewhere. I recommend giving it a shot just in case it turns out to really float your boat. I would approach it as one might a seasonal pumpkin beer... keep your excitement in check until after you've started drinking.

i've enjoyed the wells.

check out a superb new holland ichabod pumpkin ale this fall.

I'm starting a little early today:

busch202.gif

Cheap, unpretentious, very drinkable and it does the trick. Busch is serving as a fine accompaniment to some great country / traditional music this morning/afternoon.

Actually, the hipsters are starting to shift from PBR to Busch, so you might want to move on to a different unpretentious beer :party::D (hey, nice smilies you got on this site)

I've moved on to the tea portion of my day. Currently drinking...

903020.jpg