what are you drinking right now?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Horse scotch, neat. A very nice blend. Did a blind taste test with Johnnie Walker Black, and while it was easy to tell the difference (there's a creaminess to the White Horse that's not in the JWB), I am preferring the far less expensive Horse.

At least for right now. YMMV.

I didn't know it was available again. It disappeared a few years ago. Where do you get it?

White Horse scotch, neat. A very nice blend. Did a blind taste test with Johnnie Walker Black, and while it was easy to tell the difference (there's a creaminess to the White Horse that's not in the JWB), I am preferring the far less expensive Horse.

At least for right now. YMMV.

I didn't know it was available again. It disappeared a few years ago. Where do you get it?

Check your email. :)

Have you tried their World Wide Stout or 120 Minute IPA? They're 15-20% ABV., depending on the year.

For tonight's game(s) and movies....

I'll look for those, BT. I ought to be able to find them here in Delaware. I've also got a Storm King chilling, but I won't get to it tonight.

Since they're limited release beers it should be a lot easier to find them in Delaware. Try to find any bottles that were bottled from previous years if possible. They're brewed to improve with age. The sweet spot so to speak for the WWS is @ 18% ABV.

Also, like the 60 and 90 minute....the 120 also represents the IBU amount as well as the time it was boiled/hopped. Though the high ABV keeps it from being that bitter.

Edited by Blue Train

North-Coast-Old-Stock-Ale-2013-12OZ-BTL-

North Coast Old Stock Ale 2013 - 11.9 % ABV - I like this even more than the Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron. Old Ale is my favorite style. What a flavor! The alcohol is far less present than you might expect at this strength.

Have you tried their World Wide Stout or 120 Minute IPA? They're 15-20% ABV., depending on the year.

For tonight's game(s) and movies....

I'll look for those, BT. I ought to be able to find them here in Delaware. I've also got a Storm King chilling, but I won't get to it tonight.

Since they're limited release beers it should be a lot easier to find them in Delaware. Try to find any bottles that were bottled from previous years if possible. They're brewed to improve with age. The sweet spot so to speak for the WWS is @ 18% ABV.

Also, like the 60 and 90 minute....the 120 also represents the IBU amount as well as the time it was boiled/hopped. Though the high ABV keeps it from being that bitter.

I thought those numbers were just boil times. That is rather high IBU for my palate, but I'll give them a try.

Edited by Jerry_L

I must get a few more of this year's Old Stock to cellar....

(Fort Bragg, CA) – North Coast Brewing has announced the much anticipated release of its 2013 vintage Old Stock Ale. Since it sprang onto the beer scene in 2000 with the award of a Platinum medal at the World Beer Championships, Old Stock has won two Great American Beer Fest medals as well as additional WBC medals.

Brewed in the classic English old ale tradition, the Old Stock recipe includes Maris-Otter malts, Fuggles and East Kent Goldings hops and delivers a very friendly 11.9% ABV. The brew’s loyal fan base has learned that the beer cellars beautifully and can be laid down, literally for years, with the rich, winey flavors becoming softer and even more seductive with age.

“I think this is one of the finest beers we produce,” said Mark Ruedrich, North Coast’s Brewmaster. “It has an elegance that transcends the usual expectations of beer. We’re quite proud of it.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgImzFEw0Q4

Edited by Jerry_L

• 2 weeks later...