what are you drinking right now?

Three supermakets and a wine shop in the city center and they don't stock Martini Dry. I already accepted the tragedy I couldn't find a decent cocktail anywhere but home, Spritz mania killed the barmen,  but I'd never thought I'd have to take the underground to have a Vodka Martini on my sofa.

Edited by porcy62

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, porcy62 said:

Three supermakets and a wine shop in the city center and they don't stock Martini Dry. I already accepted the tragedy I couldn't find a decent cocktail anywhere but home, Spritz mania killed the barmen,  but I'd never thought I'd have to take the underground to have a Vodka Martini on my sofa.

In Italy, of all places ! :o

Sign of the times...:mellow:

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

In Italy, of all places ! :o

Sign of the times...:mellow:

Yeah, I had to get the tube for a bottle of dry vermouth. I am getting nostalgic for the British Empire where you could have a great Martini in every good bar of the colonies.

Edited by porcy62

5 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

Yeah, I had to get the tube for a bottle of dry vermouth. I am getting nostalgic for the British Empire where you could have a great Martini in every good bar of the colonies.

I had to explain the concept of a dry Martini to a waitress a couple of weekends ago. Shameful

3 minutes ago, catesta said:

I had to explain the concept of a dry Martini to a waitress a couple of weekends ago. Shameful

Actually in Rome there are very few cocktail bars, fuc**** pretencious and expensive, where the barman poses like a Beethoven of the cocktails. The last shelters are some of the bar of luxury hotels.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Already? :huh::)

Haha .... as my wife and me rarely manage to drink one bottle per day, we decanted and had a glass yesterday and will continue later today .... this gorgeous vine is also testament to the suffering people of the Piemont and the nice conversation with board member "percy62" earlier .....

59 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Haha .... as my wife and me rarely manage to drink one bottle per day, we decanted and had a glass yesterday and will continue later today .... this gorgeous vine is also testament to the suffering people of the Piemont and the nice conversation with board member "percy62" earlier .....

:tup Sounds good !

Cup of morning Yorkshire tea for me. :D

percy62..:huh::lol:

Edited by sidewinder

8 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Viu Manent Cabernet Sauvignon 2016.

Excelled for only  $6.50.

Speaking of which, any other very good sub- $10 red wines you’d recommend?

Under $10 is getting harder to do. I still think Gnarly Head's Zin is pretty good if uncomplicated vino for around $7.

(Bodega) Septima Malbec (Argentina) used to be an automatic recommendation in this price point, but recent vintages have come out with retail prices closer to $12. In general, you should still be able to find many good Malbecs from Argentina under $15. There's also a bunch of Spanish Garnaca wines in that same price range.