James Brown Singles

jazzbo

I'm hooked by this series... got Vols. 3, 4 and 6 now, waiting for Vols. 1, 5, and 7-9 to be delivered in the next days/weeks.

Amazon.com still has Vols. 1 and 5, but Vol. 2 is way over the top right now... anyone has a lead where I might find that one?

Ships in 1-2 weeks, maybe?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O590N4

Thanks!

Will give it a try, doesn't sound like it will absolutely not be available there... crossing my fingers!

Seems these turn up and disappear again now and then.

• 2 weeks later...

Vol. 2 was delivered today! Thanks a lot billyboy - wouldn't have checked back at amazon.com for it, had given up hope!

So I have them all, wow! A couple of months ago I thought I wouldn't need them at all... but then I got hooked by JB's music BIGTIME! And amazon.co.uk had (has?) a few of them for really, really good prices, so there you go...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Is there any way to know which tracks on these Singles sets are mono and which are stereo? I don't see any general remarks anywhere in the booklets! The earlier Polydor compilations (many of them based mainly on singles, too) have alyways included that information... (I'm asking as I've been sorting out JB stuff for a few days now, ripping and ordering chronologically all Singles volumes... now I want to add the missing/extended/stereo/mono version from other compilations, but that's kind of hard if I don't know about stereo/mono regarding the Hip-O-sets!)

Btw, Vol. 11 is coming soon - and it's the final volume of the great series.