Lee Morgan Bio and others

I have ordered the book already. Can't wait till it arrives ! Beginning january, says Amazon...

B&N is saying Nov 28th which makes it a strong candidate for inclusion on the list ('help-out-your-favorite-mother-in-law-by-giving-her-one-easy-to-locate-holiday-suggestion'). Who knows though... maybe B&N is full of it?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

From B&N today regarding the Morgan book:

We regret to inform you that our supplier has changed the release date on the

pre-ordered merchandise listed below. <_<

What, is the new date a state secret? Or did the email just say the date is changed.

B&N's website gives "November 2006" and also lists it as usually available in 1-2 weeks, so they're not accepting "pre-orders".

Amazon still says November 30.

amazon uk claims that it should be here in florida and my hot little hands by 8 december, as they shipped it today.................... :excited:

i ordered this book on november 12, with great hopes that i would have it by now. today i received an e-mail telling me that the new shipment estimate is jan. 8-22, 2007!! what a bummer!

received my copy from amazon uk today, hardcover, briefly skimmed thru it, looks goo so far. pretty extensive bibliography in the back, some good interviews too, looks like. gonna start reading it tonight.

ordered it MONTHS AGO. amazon uk originally said it was out 1 oct, then slipped to 30 nov.........but here it sits in mi casa at last, in any case.....

amazon uk, us, and canada now say it ships to you in 4-6 weeks!!!! also, barnes and noble says "not available at this time"...........

jazzcorner talk sez order straight from publisher HERE, and a review also......

http://jazzcornertalk.com/speakeasy/showthread.php?t=18142 :crazy:

received my copy from amazon uk today, hardcover, briefly skimmed thru it, looks goo so far. pretty extensive bibliography in the back, some good interviews too, looks like. gonna start reading it tonight.

ordered it MONTHS AGO. amazon uk originally said it was out 1 oct, then slipped to 30 nov.........but here it sits in mi casa at last, in any case.....

amazon uk, us, and canada now say it ships to you in 4-6 weeks!!!! also, barnes and noble says "not available at this time"...........

jazzcorner talk sez order straight from publisher HERE, and a review also......

http://jazzcornertalk.com/speakeasy/showthread.php?t=18142 :crazy:

yes, i'm canceling my amazon order and going to order from the publisher. thanks muchly.

i ordered this book on november 12, with great hopes that i would have it by now. today i received an e-mail telling me that the new shipment estimate is jan. 8-22, 2007!! what a bummer!

I had the same information, but from the day i ordered on (end of november)... I can't wait, anyway. :crazy:

I was told it was because he had big ears (see photo above).

Bertrand.

That's it, and his ears sat out from his head. That coupled with his broad smile, there was a resemblance to the famous puppet. Billy Higgins, who had been Lee's best friend, used to say, "Howdy Doody (Lee) was r-r-rough!" ;)