Elvin Jones and Gerry Mulligan CJB in "Running Low"!

Ron S

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to risk a bad surprise with a faulty set or a problem with the set having gone OOP. I have just placed my order but $68 is too cheap. I had to go for the Turrentine set as well! :P

Thanks Ron.

Edited by ASNL77

I had been on the fence on buying the Mulligan CJB set for quite a while, but bought it in late September as a birthday present for myself when it moved to "Running Low."

Today, I finally started listening to the musc.

WOW!

I have only played the first disc so far, but I really enjoy this music.

I had been on the fence on buying the Mulligan CJB set for quite a while, but bought it in late September as a birthday present for myself when it moved to "Running Low."

Today, I finally started listening to the musc.

WOW!

I have only played the first disc so far, but I really enjoy this music.

It gets better. Each successive disc is better than the one before it IMO.

I am really not much of a fan of big band music, but this set smokes. This band was hot!

Speaking of the CJB Mosaic, anyone who enjoys this set should also consider getting these 2 CDs (in one issue or another), which capture the same band in European concerts:

at the Olympia in Paris (2 discs)

B00006IJ0G.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

in Zurich

B00002R0XJ.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64075457_.jpg

:tup Both excellent, and nice complements to the Mosaic set.

Back to Elvin and my set has finally arrived. Set #3124. Booklet and disks 1/2 look to be OK.

Max Roach has also arrived - #2499. So far so good !

I didn't realise the UK you lived in was on a parallel earth... what took it so long to get there??

Good question. I seeem to recall your Elvin set took about 3-4 days. Mine was ordered around the same time but took over a month longer. I tend to find that multiple orders attract delays (no doubt due to the local PO customs bureaucrats ;) ) and single sets arrive in days. At least it's here.. I've been sweating a bit over the past week. :ph34r:

Edited by sidewinder

Back to Elvin and my set has finally arrived. Set #3124. Booklet and disks 1/2 look to be OK.

Max Roach has also arrived - #2499. So far so good !

I didn't realise the UK you lived in was on a parallel earth... what took it so long to get there??

Good question. I seeem to recall your Elvin set took about 3-4 days. Mine was ordered around the same time but took over a month longer. I tend to find that multiple orders attract delays (no doubt due to the local PO customs bureaucrats ;) ) and single sets arrive in days. At least it's here.. I've been sweating a bit over the past week. :ph34r:

Mine took less than 48 hours via DHL and was ordered with another set...

DHL deliver the goods and charge you the duty later. Maybe you used another carrier?

(Corrected to say charge you the duty later. Their service charge for this is only £1.25)

Edited by David Ayers

Well hell, I don't really "need" the CLB set, I mean, I know what it is, I know what it's gonna sound like, and I know I'm gonna "like" it just fine, but I really don't have a need to explore this music beyond what I already know of it, not now, and probably not later.

But $68.00? Hell, that's a good price for some good recreational listening, so I went on ahead & bit.

I'm quite the sucker!

Well hell, I don't really "need" the CLB set, I mean, I know what it is, I know what it's gonna sound like, and I know I'm gonna "like" it just fine, but I really don't have a need to explore this music beyond what I already know of it, not now, and probably not later.

But $68.00? Hell, that's a good price for some good recreational listening, so I went on ahead & bit.

I'm quite the sucker!

I hope you too checked the Sweden Post option!