NFL chat thread

Saw most of the Steeler-Dolphins game last night. It's fairly obvious that the Steelers were a bit lucky to win it all last year and will definitely not be repeating this year.

Great defense. Troy Polamalou will have an outstanding year. Ike Taylor is one of the top corners in the game. Joey Porter is Joey P. Casey Hampton at NT stops the run as well as anyone else.

Offense sucks. Willie Parker is an average rb. Heinz Ward is the only above average receiver they have. Heath Miller is a very good tight end. Ben Rothlisberger is a good qb, but often injured. They'll miss Bettis.

Cincy will beat them out for the divisional title.

Miami still sucks, even with Culpepper. They will likely finish 9-7.

Although we haven't seen all the first round games yet, the 5 elite teams are likely to be (in no particular order:) New England, Denver, Indianapolis, Carolina, Seattle, Cincy...oops that's 6!

Next in line comes the Giants, Cowboys, Bucs, Bears, Steelers, etc.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saban got screwed during the game last night, when he threw the replay flag but none of the refs caught it. Miller clearly was out of bounds before he scored, so the TD shouldn't have counted. However, I suspect the Steelers would have scored on that drive anyway, since it would have been 1st and Goal on the 2 yard line or wherever he went out, so I'm not sure the ref's missing that call affected the outcome. Saban should have been more forceful throwing the flag, for sure.

I don't like T.O. either, Al, but I can't give up my allegiance to the Boys - been with them too long now. Plus I think they've been developing a quality team for the most part, regardless of bringing Owens in this year. The D looks to be pretty damn good, and with a little more firming up on the O-Line, I think they've done a pretty good job on that side, too.

edited for spelling mistake - "through" vs "threw"...sheesh, you'd think at this age I wouldn't mess stuff like that up!

Edited by Aggie87

The new XFL-looking uniforms won't prevent the zebras from once again making the Raiders the most penalized team in the NFL. I'm sure I can count on plenty of phantom holding calls on the Raiders offense to negate 50 yard pass plays, late hits on the QB to turn Raider defensive stops on 3rd and 29 into automatic first downs, and maybe they'll even dust off the amazing "tuck rule" for old time's sake. Yeeeeeehaw! Are you ready for some football?

Guest akanalog

you like my fantasy team?

right now it is-

QB-warner

RB-portis, cadillac williams, chester taylor, wali lundy, musa smith, cedric cobbs

WR-chris chambers, joe horn, nate burleson, matt jones

TE-ben troupe, kellen winslow

K-jeff wilkins

D-seattle

i am going to see how winslow looks and drop a tight end and pick up another WR i guess and maybe drop one of my RBs for a backup QB. i want to see how the denver and baltimore starting RBs look first and if smith or cobbs might get a shot.

my Week # 1 picks

browns pick

browns clobber the saints

browns - 3 vs NO Lost

lock

chicago - 3.5 vs GB Won

5 Turnovers for GB today

upset

buffalo + 10 vs NE Won

could be a stretch

the bills are terrible

others

seattle - 6 vs det Lost

az 7.5 vs sf Lost

cincy + 2 vs kc Won

sunday night

colts - 3 vs ny giants Won

peyton puts on a show 5 tds

eliminator pick

browns win this week Lost (0-1)

Edited by Soulstation1

1 down, 15 to go. Parcells doesn't even give a damn anymore, sticking with an injured Bledsoe to throw him right out of the game. Hell, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Parcells is sabotaging (sp?) the team as one last act of defiance against Satan Jones before going out in a blaze of glory at the end of the season.

Aggie, I used to root for the Cowboys, but bringing TO into the mix was the last straw. That and watching as the Cowboy "organization" (as well as my city) kick people outta houses they've lived in for 50+ years so that Jones could build his monument to self-glorififcation and idolatry. Every time I drive by that area (which is by where I work), my blookd boils. THAT is why I hope the Cows crash and burn this year, and why I believe that when Jones eventually dies, Satan will finally be out of a job.

Patriots looked like crap in their first game, but they got the "w."

We need to find a couple of mf receivers...

Cowboys have some receivers this year, but need a QB who can tell which jerseys belong to which team. MF Bledsoe threw 3 INTs yesterday to cost us the game v. Jacksonville. One more game like that and I think the Tony Romo era will begin in Dallas.

Patriots looked like crap in their first game, but they got the "w."

We need to find a couple of mf receivers...

Cowboys have some receivers this year, but need a QB who can tell which jerseys belong to which team. MF Bledsoe threw 3 INTs yesterday to cost us the game v. Jacksonville. One more game like that and I think the Tony Romo era will begin in Dallas.

Plus, you don't want T.O to start bitching, or that's gonna screw everything up.