NFL chat thread

Patriots trade Deion Branch for a draft pick. Just what we need right now, a draft pick.

I hope Belichick knows what the heck he's doing! I was at that Pats game yesterday and it certainly appeared that part of Brady's throwing problems were a lack of open receivers. Well... that and having an arm in face the whol first half. :)

Anyone else notice all of the bad calls (again) this week? The Patriots got both the benefit as well the hurt yesterday.

For an example of miss, look at this shot taken as Brady was stripped of the ball in the first 12 seconds of yesterday's game:

1157923859_0908.jpg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 down, 15 to go. Parcells doesn't even give a damn anymore, sticking with an injured Bledsoe to throw him right out of the game. Hell, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Parcells is sabotaging (sp?) the team as one last act of defiance against Satan Jones before going out in a blaze of glory at the end of the season.

I sent an e-mail to the local Jock Talk show (Galloway & Co., ESPN 103.3) stating the above and they actually read it and said I made a good point. :cool:

Week # 2

Browns Pick

browns + 30 vs bengals

i'm gonna need 30 pts

my boys are in trouble today

Lock

bengals -10 vs browns Won

see above

Upset

Az + 7 vs seahawks Lost

cards might hang with seattle

others

philly -3 vs ny giants Lost

sd -11.5 vs tenn Won

chicago -9 vs det Won

ne -5.5 vs ny jets Won

sunday night

dallas - 6 vs washington Won

Edited by Soulstation1

Week # 2

Browns Pick

browns + 30 vs bengals

i'm gonna need 30 pts

Lock

bengals -10 vs browns

see above

Upset

Az + 7 vs seahawks

others

philly -3 vs ny giants

sd -11.5 vs tenn

chicago -9 vs det

ne -5.5 vs ny jets

sunday night

dallas - 6 vs washington

How many times do I have to tell ya...don't bet against Chicago unless its the playoffs...

Signature updated. Dammit. :angry::g

:D

I think they'll still lose a few games, have no fear, Al. Bledsoe's going to have another bad game at some point, and they'll play Romo, who will also be inconsistent. I think Terry Glenn will be the hands-down MVP of the offense, though.

Of course, nobody will notice the QB change because T.O. will be busy hogging the cameras while hawking his new "Love Me Some Me - The Very Best of T.O." DVDs.

Otherwise, their defense looked VERY GOOD last night. Held the Skins offense to 3 points. I think they're just going to get better as the seasons rolls on, at least on this side of the ball.

Tom Brady has to get some practice time with his new receivers. He was underthrowing them a lot.

That running game, however, is major league. They took a 24-0 lead then seemed to lose interest in the game. They're 2-0 so far, but the opposition hasn't been the best. Denver comes into town this Sunday.

Signature updated. Dammit. :angry::g

:D

I think they'll still lose a few games, have no fear, Al. Bledsoe's going to have another bad game at some point, and they'll play Romo, who will also be inconsistent. I think Terry Glenn will be the hands-down MVP of the offense, though.

I hope so. Always liked him, and it's a pity he has to play his heart out under the shadow of Terrible Owens.

Week # 2

Browns Pick

browns + 30 vs bengals

i'm gonna need 30 pts

Lock

bengals -10 vs browns

see above

Upset

Az + 7 vs seahawks

others

philly -3 vs ny giants

sd -11.5 vs tenn

chicago -9 vs det

ne -5.5 vs ny jets

sunday night

dallas - 6 vs washington

i'm talkin' about these picks

I thought the other thread was for picks, like it says up on top..

Ain't this one for general discussion?

Prison Time for Clarett

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Former Ohio State football star Maurice Clarett pleaded guilty Monday to aggravated robbery and carrying a concealed weapon in a deal that would send him to prison for at least 31/2 years to end two criminal cases against him.

The plea deal was announced by Franklin County Common Pleas Judge David Fais on the day jury selection was to begin in the robbery case, in which Clarett is accused of holding up two people outside a bar.

The concealed weapon charge was from his August arrest after a highway chase with police who found four loaded guns in Clarett's sport utility vehicle after they spiked the tires. Police used pepper spray to subdue and handcuff Clarett, who was wearing a bulletproof vest.

The deal is for a 71/2-year sentence with release possible after 31/2 years. Clarett, 22, also agreed to serve five years of probation after the prison sentence.

Clarett, who was expressionless throughout the hearing, said he understood that he was pleading guilty and reversing his earlier not guilty plea.

"I'd like to apologize for my behavior, and I accept the time that was given to me," he said.

After the deal was announced, he looked over at his mother who was sobbing and holding his 8-week-old daughter while sitting next to his girlfriend.

Clarett, who lead Ohio State to the national championship in 2002, had been charged originally in the police altercation with two counts of failure to comply with an order from a police officer and improper handling of a firearm, in addition to the concealed weapon charge.

Assistant Prosecutor Tim Mitchell said the plea deal is consistent with how his office handles similar cases.

"Anyone else would have gone to prison. He's not getting any special treatment," Mitchell said.

"As robberies go it wasn't as bad as some I've seen."

Defense attorneys left the courtroom without commenting.

The case generated intense media coverage to the point where Clarett's attorneys asked the court to pay for a public opinion poll to determine if an impartial jury could be seated for the robbery trial.

Fais denied the request. The judge also ordered Clarett to undergo a mental health evaluation. The findings showed that Clarett was competent to stand trial, his attorneys said.

Clarett scored the winning touchdown in the second overtime in Ohio State's championship game, but that was the last time he played for the Buckeyes as a freshman.

After dropping out of Ohio State, he lost a U.S. Supreme Court case challenging the NFL's requirement that players wait three years after high school before turning pro. The Denver Broncos made Clarett a surprise third-round pick in the NFL's 2005 draft, only to cut him during the preseason.