NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to pick up two tickets to the Pats-Broncos game Sunday night. Me & my daughter Amanda will be tailgating in Foxboro! :D

I am so loving the fact that I have a daughter that likes football. :D

I think the Pats will give the Broncos a major whupping. Brady and his receivers will start clicking as the season goes on; and that's a major league running game they've got with Maroney and Dillon.

Week # 3

Browns Pick

my dawgs are in trouble

browns + 17 vs ravens

Lock

Bears - 3.5 vs Vikings

Upset

Giants + 3.5 vs Seattle Lost

Others

Bengals + 2 vs steelers Won

Eagles - 6 vs SF Won

Carolina - 3 vs TB (loser of this game in trouble) Won

Sunday Night

pats - 7 vs denver Lost

3 teamer

eagles - 6 W

giants + 3.5 L

ravens - 6.5 L

eliminator

Lions (1-1) Lost

Edited by Soulstation1

Tampa Bay QB Simms in critical condition

Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Chris Simms was taken by ambulance to a Tampa hospital Sunday afternoon and is listed in critical condition, according to reports by several news sources.

There is no indication as to the cause of Simms' medical problems.

He was hospitalized a short time after the Buccaneers' last-minute 26-24 NFL loss to the Carolina Panthers.

Simms appeared to experience medical problems during the game. He was hit hard several times by Panthers defensive players and was taken out of the game in the third quarter. Announcers said Simms had suffered from dehydration in the 90-degree-plus heat and high humidity in Tampa.

But Simms, a former University of Texas quarterback whose father, Phil, also played in the NFL, returned to the game this afternoon and led Tampa Bay on a fourth-quarter scoring drive. Observers reported that he left the field on his own power after the game.

Simms was not available for interviews after the game, as he was being attended by trainers and doctors.

At his postgame press conference, Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden said of Simms: "He got hit early and he hurt his ribs. We don't know the extent of that, but he played hard today. He played tough and he showed a lot of grit. He really did. It is a credit to him.

"He is hurting right now, there is no question. He left the game. I don't know that it was because of his ribs, dehydration or both. He is a very sore and tired man right now, and I am proud of how he hung in there against a very good run defense.''

Simms, 6-4 and 220 pounds, is in his fourth season with Tampa Bay.

He was a standout at Ramapo (N.J.) High School and was named USA Today's National Offensive Player of the Year in 1998. He played four years at the University of Texas, although he never really earned the full-time starting job. Amid criticism from fans, Simms shared playing time with Major Applewhite.

He was a third-round draft choice in 2003 by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Simms played a key role last season in the Buccaneers' run to the NFC South Division championship. He completed 61 percent of his passes for 2,035 yards, with 10 touchdowns and seven interceptions.

Here's the follow up on Chris Simms:

Simms has spleen removed

Associated Press

Tampa Bay quarterback Chris Simms had his spleen removed after taking several hard hits in Sunday's 26-24 loss to the Carolina Panthers and was resting comfortably in a hospital.

"Chris is doing well and we anticipate a full recovery," team physician Dr. Joe Diaco said in a brief statement. He added that the 26-year-old son of former New York Giants quarterback Phil Simms was in stable condition.

Simms had a blood transfusion as part of his treatment and was expected to be hospitalized for several days, Peter King said during a break on NBC's Sunday night game, citing a conversation he had with Simms' mother, Diana.

Simms, who left the game briefly but returned, was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital, a few blocks from Raymond James Stadium. Coach Jon Gruden said during his post-game news conference that Simms hurt his ribs early in the game and was also battling dehydration.

Report: Owens attempted suicide

WFAA-TV in Dallas is reporting that Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens attempted to commit suicide Tuesday night.

According to a Dallas Police report obtained by the station, Owens was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills.

WFAA says the report states a woman companion said that she observed Owens putting two pills in his mouth. The woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and -- until Tuesday -- Owens had taken only five pills. The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."

The Dallas Cowboys have no comment on the story.

A little more info...

Terrell Owens reportedly tries suicide

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer

DALLAS - Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, police said, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened.

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the report were first released by WFAA-TV.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.

The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes.'"

Owens was hospitalized late Tuesday because of what his publicist said was an allergic reaction to pain medicine he was taking for a broken hand. Doctors reportedly tried to induce vomiting.

Owens is recovering from a broken right hand he hurt a week ago Sunday. He had an operation the next day to have a plate screwed in, enabling the bone to heal without being further injured. Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said last week that the pain medicine made Owens ill.

The Cowboys were off this past weekend and Owens was back at practice Tuesday, although he worked out on his own. Parcells said Owens' hand was improving and he was expected back on the practice field Wednesday. Owens chatted briefly with reporters in the locker room Tuesday afternoon and seemed fine.

Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill — who mostly deals with troubled players — said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.

Dallas police officials said they were planning a news conference later Wednesday, did not immediately release a time. A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

Owens' publicist and agent, and the Cowboys, did not return repeated calls from The Associated Press. No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.

Week 4

browns pick

-2 vs oakland Won

lock

indy - 8 vs ny jets Lost

upset

az + 7.5 vs atl (risky) Lost

others

sd - 1 vs balt Lost

st louis - 5 vs det Lost

car - 7 vs no Lost

j-ville - 3 vs wash Lost

sunday night

seattle + 3 vs chicago Lost

monday night

philly - 11

3 teamer Lost

inday - 8

st louis - 5

seattle + 3

eliminator

rams Won

Edited by Soulstation1

Albert Haynesworth is a classless punk. He ripped off Andre Gurode's helmet after a play, and while Gurode was on the ground, he stepped on his head, with his cleats. Gurode needed 30 stitches to close up the gashes, and had blurry vision afterwards.

I think he deserves a suspension of some sort, not just one of those $25K fines that are drops in the bucket to those players.

Pats came out and dominated the undefeated Bengals at home. I went to a sports bar to watch it. Everyone was cheering for the Browns on a nearby TV, and were cheering Carson Palmer's every move as well. I just clapped my hands on every good Patriot play and yelled out, "Marooooooony!" :g

Damn, we dominated an excellent football team. As Brady continues to get used to his new wide outs, and the two-headed running monster of Maroney and Dillon continue to gain yards, we'll be one of the favorites by playoffs.

Who was it that said the Patriots were weak this year? Was it SS1? :g