NFL chat thread

Albert Haynesworth is a classless punk. He ripped off Andre Gurode's helmet after a play, and while Gurode was on the ground, he stepped on his head, with his cleats. Gurode needed 30 stitches to close up the gashes, and had blurry vision afterwards.

I think he deserves a suspension of some sort, not just one of those $25K fines that are drops in the bucket to those players.

I dunno if this is the longest suspension ever in the NFL, but it's certainly up there (edit - other than the season long drug suspensions)

Haynesworth gets five-game suspension for kick

NEW YORK (AP) -- Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was suspended five games for kicking Dallas center Andre Gurode in the face during Sunday's game.

The NFL said Monday that Haynesworth was suspended for flagrant unnecessary roughness. The suspension, which is without pay, is effective immediately. Haynesworth will be eligible to return to the field Nov. 19 for the Titans' game at Philadelphia.

"There is absolutely no place in the game, or anywhere else, for the inexcusable action that occurred in yesterday's Titans-Cowboys game," NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said.

Edited by Aggie87

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats came out and dominated the undefeated Bengals at home. I went to a sports bar to watch it. Everyone was cheering for the Browns on a nearby TV, and were cheering Carson Palmer's every move as well. I just clapped my hands on every good Patriot play and yelled out, "Marooooooony!"

Damn, we dominated an excellent football team. As Brady continues to get used to his new wide outs, and the two-headed running monster of Maroney and Dillon continue to gain yards, we'll be one of the favorites by playoffs.

i felt like i had jumped back 5 years and i was watching dick lebau's bengals.

ouch.

i the loss was painful, but watching dillon score and gloat was even worse.

i love chad, but i think his jokes might finally be working against him.

Pats came out and dominated the undefeated Bengals at home. I went to a sports bar to watch it. Everyone was cheering for the Browns on a nearby TV, and were cheering Carson Palmer's every move as well. I just clapped my hands on every good Patriot play and yelled out, "Marooooooony!"

Damn, we dominated an excellent football team. As Brady continues to get used to his new wide outs, and the two-headed running monster of Maroney and Dillon continue to gain yards, we'll be one of the favorites by playoffs.

i felt like i had jumped back 5 years and i was watching dick lebau's bengals.

ouch.

i the loss was painful, but watching dillon score and gloat was even worse.

i love chad, but i think his jokes might finally be working against him.

Well take heart over the fact that the Pats looked like chumps the previous week, losing to Denver at home. They come back the following week to declare themselves as an elite team. Cincy can do the same. It's too early in the season to know the definitive favorites and likely losers. Well, we know some of them, ;) but the picture will clarify as the season progresses.

i gotta feelin' the pack might give the eagles a game tonight

ss1

These announcers and their endless fawning over Favre is sickening! I had to shut it off with 6 minutes to go.

I just don't get it. He has stunk the last 3 seasons. He was terrible last night against a battered Eagles' secondary. He should have ripped them apart. Meanwhile McNabb becomes only the 3rd QB in NFL history to score 2 tds and throw for 2 more in a game and they barely mention him. In the post game show Steve Young was giving every excuse he could think of to defend Favre and finally Michael Irvin called him on it. Kudos to Irvin.

anyone see that face mask and take down by rolle on larry johnson?

That was disgusting- he nearly took the guy's head off. Larry Johnson was by the sideline, so all that was needed was a good push and he's out of bounds. It's too bad that for a blatant penalty like that Rolle wasn' tossed from the game. Perhaps a few of them and we might see facemask penalties drop.