NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't you pick Dallas to win on Sunday, you numbskull? :crazy:

Mainly because I *DID* expect about 172 yards of offense out of the Cowboys, LOL. Which I never would have guessed would have won them the game!!!

I had a bad week of picks, for sure! I've been picking SD alot this year, and they've not gotten it done. I thought Pit was going to beat the NYG's yesterday, and never would have guessed Miami would upset Buffalo like that. Just some bad decisions for me I guess!

Granted, the following starters or key players are all gone right now:

Tony Romo

Kyle Kosier

Matt McBriar - for year

Sam Hurd - for year

Felix Jones

Roy Williams (the other one) - for year

Terence Newman

Pacman Jones - for year (?)

Jeez, now Jason Witten has a broken rib. I know injuries are part of the game, but it sure seems like the Cowboys have had more than their share this year.

Granted, the following starters or key players are all gone right now:

Tony Romo

Kyle Kosier

Matt McBriar - for year

Sam Hurd - for year

Felix Jones

Roy Williams (the other one) - for year

Terence Newman

Pacman Jones - for year (?)

Jeez, now Jason Witten has a broken rib. I know injuries are part of the game, but it sure seems like the Cowboys have had more than their share this year.

Unfortunately, none of their offensive line is injured, which means we still gotta put up with Flozell Adams missing blocks and false-starting.

Pats/Colts game has 3 minutes left, but NE is going to lose after an unnecessary roughness penalty turns a 3rd and 1 in Colt's territory turns into a 3rd and 16. They were driving nicely to take a lead. Game not over yet, but there's no way they will win now. Such penalties are backbreakers. Grrrr! :bwallace:

Pats/Colts game has 3 minutes left, but NE is going to lose after an unnecessary roughness penalty turns a 3rd and 1 in Colt's territory turns into a 3rd and 16. They were driving nicely to take a lead. Game not over yet, but there's no way they will win now. Such penalties are backbreakers. Grrrr! :bwallace:

I think that cost them the game, too. And I was rooting for the Pats tonight (football-pool-wise, anyway!).

I think if I were Jerry Jones the owner of the Cowboys, here's what I'd do today:

1. Fire Jerry Jones the GM.

2. Fire Wade Phillips.

3. Let Jason Garrett coach the remainder of the season, just to see if he's HC material (I'm thinking he may not be).

4. Fire DC Brian Stewart, and let Campo be DC for the remainder of the season.

5. Make a STRONG ($) run at Bill Cowher in the offseason, or someone who coaches with passion and fire and makes players accountable.

6. Cut Brad Johnson yesterday.

7. Bring in some young developmental guy (Bartel?) as a backup QB and let him and Bollinger duke it out for 2nd place

8. Hope that Tony Romo's finger is sufficiently healed for him to be able to pass, otherwise opponents will continue stacking their D's against the run, since the pass offense will continue to scare nobody.

I think if I were Jerry Jones the owner of the Cowboys, here's what I'd do today:

1. Fire Jerry Jones the GM.

Nothing will improve this team faster. However, if you were Jerry Jones, you would be so egomaniacal that you would fail to see that you are the cause of the team's problems. That, also unfortunately, really renders the rest of the list (legit as it is) moot, since all of the other points would be a way of you admitting failure, which is something Jerry Jones never does.

2. Fire Wade Phillips.

This guy is such a sniveling whiner. Y'all should hear his media conference today. He sounds like a kid who just got beat up by the schoolyard bully. "W-w-w-well..... we ..... I thought we did some good things out there..... I mean..... we're not as bad as people say we are..... just wait until two weeks from now..... "

3. Let Jason Garrett coach the remainder of the season, just to see if he's HC material (I'm thinking he may not be).

He ain't, but hell he can't do any worse than the two clowns above him.

4. Fire DC Brian Stewart, and let Campo be DC for the remainder of the season.

As worthless as I think the Cow D is, I actually feel for those guys, especially yesterday, and I'm not really sure this is Stewart's fault. They were on the field for almost the whole game because the offense was..... offensive! These guys were worn out by the end of the 1st quarter and probably figured "Why the hell are we killing ourselves out here when that horrible offense isn't doing their part? Fuck them! Let the Giants score so we can get a few minuites off the field before we turn the ball over again." The players don't care; how can you coach that?

5. Make a STRONG ($) run at Bill Cowher in the offseason, or someone who coaches with passion and fire and makes players accountable.

We already had that with Parcells and Jimmy Johnson. Look how much Owner Jones likes those guys.

6. Cut Brad Johnson yesterday.

Oh yeah. Amen to that.

7. Bring in some young developmental guy (Bartel?) as a backup QB and let him and Bollinger duke it out for 2nd place

Yeah. I think Bollinger will work out. I mean, Romo's debut (oddly enough, also against the Giants) was a disaster as well. Remember the 3 INT's?

8. Hope that Tony Romo's finger is sufficiently healed for him to be able to pass, otherwise opponents will continue stacking their D's against the run, since the pass offense will continue to scare nobody.

And then get him a suit of body armor for when the offensive offensive line continues to let tacklers thru like water, miss blocks like they didn't exist, and continue to leave the big red target on the QB's arm.

This team is such a mess, and the solution is so easy, and yet ice will survive in hell before that solution is attained.

The truly sad thing about this team is that they could and SHOULD be so much better, but they've quit for the season. The Lions may be the only team without a win right now, but as far as I'm concerned, Dallas is far worse than the Lions.

I agree with just about all of your comments Al! My post was kinda rhetorical, but I had to get it off my chest. :rcry

It's frustrating having Jerry Jones doing two jobs - one quite well, and one quite awful.

The Cowboys are actually quite lucky that Tony Romo panned out, or we'd still be turning over QBs like Chad Hutchinson, Ryan Leaf, Quincy Carter, and other Jones reaches.

I agree with just about all of your comments Al! My post was kinda rhetorical, but I had to get it off my chest. :rcry

It's frustrating having Jerry Jones doing two jobs - one quite well, and one quite awful.

The Cowboys are actually quite lucky that Tony Romo panned out, or we'd still be turning over QBs like Chad Hutchinson, Ryan Leaf, Quincy Carter, and other Jones reaches.

If the Cowboys keep stumbling then the picks they traded to Detroit(I think its a 1st & 3rd) become a lot more valuable.

If the Cowboys keep stumbling then the picks they traded to Detroit(I think its a 1st & 3rd) become a lot more valuable.

Good point. It was a terrible trade for the Cowboys.

Oh yeah, I hear ya my man! It's even more frustrating to hear people around here talk like the Cowboys are still playoff contenders. As soon as Romo gets back, the Cowboys will be back on track for their predicted Super Bowl dominance! (Hey, Jerry sez it's gonna happen. If you can't trust Jerry.....)

Speaking of the Jerry Jones Death Star (aka the new Cowboys Stadium), I took this picture the day after a wake for a friend of ours whose mother had passed away. Because of construction, traffic is being diverted all over the place, which leads to sign-placement such as this:

post-113-1225779200_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...