NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't catch the game so maybe someone who did could answer the following questions - How do you lose - at home - when you're winning 28-7 at halftime?? And how do you let the other team score 42 points in the second half???

it's the bengals.

next sunday i think i'd rather line up for one of theses.

nice knee to the nuttzz by the faiders........

the pain won't be as bad, and it won't last as long.

Big upset by the Cowboys over the Colts this afternoon! Great defensive first half, then some good offensive football in the 2nd.

I know Big Al's got a man-crush on Tony Romo ( :P ), and the rest of the football world may be following suit soon. The dude has played great football since taking over. Should be 4-0 as a starter now, except for a fluke of an ending versus the Redskins. He was the 2nd rated QB in the league before the game (behind Manning), and had a better rating in today's game, so he could be the highest rated now. I don't know how the stats work, so we'll see, I guess.

I know Big Al's got a man-crush on Tony Romo ( :P ), and the rest of the football world may be following suit soon.

How'd you know? :wub::wub::wub:

That was a helluva game (well, the first half, I couldn't decide if both teams' defenses were just that good or if both teams' offenses were having an off-day) that coulda gone either way. Give the Dallas D credit for finally stepping up their game and stopping Manning & Co. on 4th & goal. That was freakin' HUGE!

Now, if the Cows had lost, they'd be calling for Vanderjunk's head on a platter. I'm still not sure they won't be, anyway. Missing two field goals like that is unacceptable, and even his PA attempts almost went too far right.

I tell ya, if anyone'd told me, back when Bledsoe was still under the illusion that he was the Cows "best chance to reach the playoffs," that the Cows would beat a 9-0 team with an untested QB, I'da laughed my ass off. Now that Romo has proven that old f*ck Jones wrong, I hope they go ALL THE WAY, BABY! :g

Now, if the Cows had lost, they'd be calling for Vanderjunk's head on a platter. I'm still not sure they won't be, anyway. Missing two field goals like that is unacceptable, and even his PA attempts almost went too far right.

I agree, he's definitely not earned his big paycheck this season. He was a slacker in the preseason, and hasn't shown the accuracy that he's been known for during the regular season either. Plus his short kickoffs have hurt, giving opponents the ball regularly at around the 30 yrd line. I don't think they'll cut him tomorrow, since the Cowboys have a game on Thursday, but it might not be surprising if he's gone after that.

And regarding the game itself, I agree with the talking heads, that it may actually help the Colts as much as the Cowboys. Getting the "perfect season" monkey off their back allows them to focus on getting to the Superbowl, and not worrying about any other goals that dont' really make a difference anyway.

anyone seen the bengals' D?

500 passing yards by drew brees

thank god it's the score and not the stats the count.

the week before when the chargers took it to the bengals - the bengal's offense was all world.

marvin told everyone that would listen - it's the score not the stats.

funny thing - take away the 3 int's and drew brees probably would've broken the league record.

It's been nice knowing you Jake Plummer...hope you enjoy riding the bench for the rest of the season...

The Chiefs have a DEFENSE! Larry Johnson is flat out scary toting the rock...157 yards against Denver's formerly stout D.

Guilty Pleasure of Thursday...watching Joey Harrington put the smack down on his old team.

browns pick

browns + 4 vs bengals

browns have the better defense

lock of the week

balt - 3 vs pitts

get the fork ready........

upset

san fran +5.5 vs st louis

others

minn -6.5 vs az

car - 4 vs wash

chi + 3 vs ne... low scorin' game