NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Philly should have gone for two after that last score.

I was about to give up on this game, but the Eagles have come back well.

I think they shoulda gone for 2 also, to make it a 3 point game. I hope Akers doesn't have to be the game decider today, not sure he's up to it.

I was about to give up on this game, but the Eagles have come back well.

I expected this to be the lesser of the two games, but it's turning out to be a good one!

As I write this Eagles scored again! NOW they're going for two...and didn't make it. Got to say, they never give up. Time for Warner and the Cards to step up if they're going to win this one.

I think there was pass interference on that 4th down play. Too bad something like that happens.... Eagles fans are going to have a hard time dealing with that non-call that may have cost them the game.

I agree, McNabb didn't have his best game today though.

Hats off to the Cards - I never thought they'd be the last team standing in the NFC.

You know what pisses me off the most about this loss?? It's that McChoke and Reid will be back next year and we have to pick after the Cowboys. We're just not going to win a Super Bowl w/ these two. It would have been better if they had missed the playoffs altogether. That way we could have cleaned house and started the rebuilding process. Now we have to wait another year before they hire someone else.

Sigh...

FWIW, I have, and have long had, a totally irrational but deeply visceral hatred of Kurt Warner.

:lol:

Yeah, but ... I'd rather have his over-the-top intensity than the "aw shucks" nonchalance McNabb displayed today. I'm usually a fan of his, but I found McNabb really annoying to watch today. He was throwing badly and just walking around like he was some bad MF, laughing and yammering and strolling around like this was some preseason game. Not nearly as focused as he had been down the must-win stretch, seems to me. Warner sure was focused. Like a freakin' laser. He might be an asshole (might not) but he's a warrior. I'll take that at QB any day.

FWIW, I have, and have long had, a totally irrational but deeply visceral hatred of Kurt Warner.

Interesting. I've always admired him (aside from his overtly religious outpourings)...talk about coming up the hard way...Arena League, NFL Europe, backup...and now going to his 2nd Super Bowl.

Never count out the old quarterbacks....

Edited by Shawn

I've been up and down on Warner. Dug the Arena League story, turned off by the religious outpourings and by a certain tendency towards whining about playing time (both by Warner and his wife).

Speaking as a Giants fan, he didn't light it up in NY, lotta fumbles and picks, and whined when demoted from the starting lineup.

Gotta give Warner a lot of credit this year, though. Perhaps the whining just stems from confidence, but I'd prefer it if he kept his mouth shut.

Speaking as a Giants fan, he didn't light it up in NY, lotta fumbles and picks, and whined when demoted from the starting lineup.

To be fair though, the Giants offensive line was a disaster that season...once Eli took over they didn't win a game until the last one of the season. No quarterback can perform when they're getting creamed on every play.

Yeah, you're right, the Giants were bad that year. Warner had some good games early, but seriously faded. The club only went to Eli when they had pretty much written off the season. I guess I shouldn't have ripped Warner's play in NY, but he did react very badly (not a "good teammate" at all) when they benched him. I also saw some of that behavior in AZ at times during the QB competition with Leinart, but I suppose Warner was right: he is better than Leinart. :D

I've been up and down on Warner. Dug the Arena League story, turned off by the religious outpourings and by a certain tendency towards whining about playing time (both by Warner and his wife).

Gotta give Warner a lot of credit this year, though. Perhaps the whining just stems from confidence, but I'd prefer it if he kept his mouth shut.

The thing about Warner is that he has always had a stellar, HOF caliber receiving corps when he has been successful. And when he hasn't, like in NY, well...... If McChoke had Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce or Fitz and Boldin to throw to instead of the corps of nobodies he's been saddled w/ his entire career I might be referring to him as McSuper. But I've got to give Warner credit tonight. He came through on that last drive and that's all that matters.