Mosaic Serial Number Question

vodka

Hello, folks,

Just recieved Elvin Jones and Mulligan sets. Now, the thing is there is no serial # on the Mulligan, and the second digit of the Jones # is completely unclear and indecipherable. On the invoice, they both have normally listed numbers. Is this a common thing with Mosaic or should I contact them? What do you think?

Thank you very much.

Hello, folks,

Just recieved Elvin Jones and Mulligan sets. Now, the thing is there is no serial # on the Mulligan, and the second digit of the Jones # is completely unclear and indecipherable. On the invoice, they both have normally listed numbers. Is this a common thing with Mosaic or should I contact them? What do you think?

Thank you very much.

Unless you have the intention of selling them, does it matter ?

Hello, folks,

Thank you very much.

Looks like you've been shafted, Trane. You should definitely contact Mosaic or better yet the Stamford Police Department, Division of Boxed Set Surveilance. Ask for detective Chewy Chew. He'll set ya straight, kid.

I hate to be the one to destroy the jocular mood with an attempt at a serious answer to your question, but here goes.

For the one that's got no serial number, you could write it in yourself, right? It's handwritten so nobody will be the wiser.

For the one that's botched, uh... well... let me see here... Oh, how about contacting Mosaic and see what they say? They'll probably send you a new booklet and then when the set goes out of print you can auction off the old one on eBay to cover your next Mosaic purchase. Or just leave it the way it is and keep your receipt so you've got proof of what it is.

Now, please don't tell us that the serial number on the Jones is higher than the one on the Mulligan. If that's the case, you've got biiiiiiiiig problems. :wacko:

You guys were no help at all. As suggested, I contacted Stamford PD. Turned out det. Chewy Chew was fired.

Talked to Lt. Chow Mein and found out cases this serious they don't handle anymore. Gotta file my complaint with Michael Chertoff. They took my address, phone number and I'm in deep sh@t.

Now men in black are knocking at my door... Gotta run... Very fast... :alien::g

Be advised that opening the booklet renders the set worthless to serious collectors.

Now we must know Trane's real name, in case he decides to sell the now deflowered booklets. How perverse!

I have mine cryogenically frozen. :cool:

Didn't ya know polycarbonate discs will dematerialize to a cloud of dust when defrosted? :eye::crazy:

Be advised that opening the booklet renders the set worthless to serious collectors.

Now we must know Trane's real name, in case he decides to sell the now deflowered booklets. How perverse!

I have mine cryogenically frozen. :cool:

Didn't ya know polycarbonate discs will dematerialize to a cloud of dust when defrosted? :eye::crazy:

What are you saying? You mean you actually play yours?! :blink:

My new Stitt has no number. They ran out during the sale and got them out as quickly as poss when they came back in stock to meet customers' orders. QRT; I wouldn't have wanted to wait another minute.

MG

Well, it DOES have a number--it's on the invoice that came with it. You just have to write it in the booklet yourself. :rolleyes:

My new Stitt has no number. They ran out during the sale and got them out as quickly as poss when they came back in stock to meet customers' orders. QRT; I wouldn't have wanted to wait another minute.

MG

Well, it DOES have a number--it's on the invoice that came with it. You just have to write it in the booklet yourself. :rolleyes:

No invoice, either. :)

MG

Were the sets bought from Mosaic??

/Shaft

Yes - but it was in the 10% off sale and they ran out before the end of August. So I reckon everything was done in a hurry when they got a new supply.

MG

Are you sure that in your frenzied excitement to open the box immediately and start playing the music that very instant, you didn't perhaps throw away the invoice? :P I'm sure that if you email them, they'll send you another copy of the invoice with the number, and your set will finally be complete! :rolleyes: (How could you even begin to think about listening to the music without knowing the set number? :blink:)