This one's for you Gene Harris Fanatic

Dmitry

Thanks Dmitry. I had to search ebay to find just what it is, because I was pretty sure it wasn't Bill Dowdy in the back, turns out its Jimmy Smith's old compadre, Donald Bailey. Don't think I'll be bidding on this, but I did find something I might go for:

i-1.JPG

Gotta say "thanks" to Dmitry for starting this thread, because in order to find the auction for the publicity photo, I had to do a general search by "Gene Harris" and only because I did that, I discovered the Gene Harris Jazz Festival t-shirt auction which I won on Sunday and should have in my hands later this week.

I think I'll wear it to Organissimo's Clearwater Jazz Fest gig ... what better way to identify myself? :g

• 17 years later...
1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

Gene Harris Fanatic aka Dan Gould, do you still have the Harris t-shirt? It's only been 17 years when it was already vintage? My old WFMU record fair and Pink Floyd t-shirts are now into my daughter's rotating wardrobe. Vintage is still hot...tears, holes, faded.

I do and I should get a box frame or something and hang it up because it ain't never getting worn again (it wasn't worn much to begin with). I'd have to start the "lose x pounds a year" process for old geezers right now, and then live to 110.