Gonna be a drummer now!

casanovas347

There are a million guitarists out there... and probably a million drummers, too! :D

You should take up nose-flute or accordian. Not enough of those around and you could work like crazy!

LOL....nose-flute would be my choise then..... :g

mmh, just for my case: any drumming guitarists in here? :blush:

:party::party::party:

btw. great avatar jim. is this your wurli? red looks so supa funkee! :excited:

You should take up nose-flute or accordian. Not enough of those around and you could work like crazy!

I agree with that! Heck, become the world's first jazz-alpenhornist! :P

34158524.Alpenhorn.jpg

lol on that too....there is already an artist in germany doing jazz with alpenhorn....really crazy stuff!

http://www.mikesvoboda.de/pict_download/pr...hor-therapy.jpg

:cool:

It's funny you mention Mike Svoboda - I am family friends with one of his neighbors in the small town he lives in, in southern Germany. I haven't met him, but wish I had during the years I lived in Germany.

I knew he played alpenhorn, but didn't realize the extent of his work. Gonna have to check it out a bit.

Mike Svoboda is crazy indeed! Terrific trombone player, mainly! Wasn't aware he also plays Alphorn! There are a couple of others who play it, the name coming to mind right now is that Kennel chap, a trumpet player from Swizterland, he's got some discs out, on TCB, for instance, but I'm not sure he's playing Alphorn there.

Also Arkadij Shilkloper plays Alphorn, in the group Pago Libre (discs on TCB and Leo Records). He is truly da shit!

One of our members, Mark Mead, aka "Uncle Skid" made the transition from guitar to drums, has been taking drum lessons from me and is doing great! He's working out of John Riley's bop drumming book, Ted Reed's "Syncopation", Ruper Kettles "9 Etudes For Drumset", and a Garwood Whaley snare drum duet book that has some challenging duets! :tup