The BABE thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your member was the person in violation, but I had no way of contacting that member.

Didja try the board's PM or e-mail function, Hon? Or did you just fire off a note to the webmaster because it was easy and allowed you to feel some power?

That's a rhetorical question, btw.

Displaying a link to our images (the actual URL) is fine.  Displaying the image itself is not.  If the user said "Check out this picture" and posted a URL, I would not have a problem with it. 

What this simple minded organism fails to understand is that using the img tag the URL is translated into what you would see if you clicked on it. It's basicly clicking for you. All the information, including the picture, remains on their site. NOTHING IS REPRODUCED, YOU DUMBASS. This is a good example of just how stupid some people are.

In answer to your post on the forum regarding this matter, yes, we did notice an unusual number of hits on this image coming from your site.

HMM, HOW COULD THIS BE. MAYBE BECAUSE THE PICTURE IS STILL HOSTED ON YOUR USELESS GOLF WEBSITE. IMAGINE THAT.

...would think that since your web site is a band site, you would understand our position.  I'm sure you don't want people freely distributing bootleg copies of your cd to anyone that wants one.

Okay, and how does this have anything to do with the matter at hand? Do you charge a fee for you site? No? As pointed out above the picture is question is COMING DIRECTLY FROM YOUR WEBSITE. If you.. say had remoted linked tracks of b3-ers music, why our site would still benefit from the hits and his band would get more exposure...And what's this talk of bootlegging? Are we stockpiling your sexy golf images and distributing them into the greedy hands of the denziens of cyberspace? No? THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Thanks for playing retard, now get off my internet before I blow your house up.

Ok ok ok ... before we all go crazy. The Babe Thread is back in it's old place sans the offending photo.

Have fun!

Now imagine all governments would have discussion borads like this, and react like B3-er when so many votes would come in .... we just acted direct democracy?

What this simple minded organism fails to understand is that using the img tag the URL is translated into what you would see if you clicked on it. It's basicly clicking for you. All the information, including the picture, remains on their site. NOTHING IS REPRODUCED, YOU DUMBASS. This is a good example of just how stupid some people are.

Not to put a fly in the ointment, and not to put too fine a point on it, but there is a difference between linking an image and translating the linked image elsewhere. Viewing an image away from its host removes context.

If any ultra-anal organization were to argue the point –and believe you me, there’s not many organizations much more sensitive than those devoted to golf history– that’s the issue I’d expect them to take.

Prank aside, of course.

Again, if they don't want their images linked to they should put up remote link blocking on their website. We've all run into that before... you try to link to an image and instead of the image popping up, a different image saying something along the lines of "You're Stealing Bandwidth!!!" pops up.

Anyway, who cares. If they want to be that silly about it fine. I removed the image. No harm done.