New Vandermark 5 ?

Gary

Gary, Just received mine. First impressions are very good-especially as my wife said what's that noise! That's a recommendation. The Rollins' tunes are well chosen; (The)Bridge/Strode Rode/Freedom Suite/John S/East Broadway Rundown/Alfie Suite(She's Younger than You Are/Little Malcolm Loves His Dad/Street Runner With Child)

Gary, Just received mine.  First impressions are very good-especially as my wife said what's that noise! That's a recommendation.  The Rollins' tunes are well chosen; (The)Bridge/Strode Rode/Freedom Suite/John S/East Broadway Rundown/Alfie Suite(She's Younger than You Are/Little Malcolm Loves His Dad/Street Runner With Child)

Hello John ,

it'll be interesting to see how long it takes me to get mine now you have you's seeing we live so far apart :D

Coincidently i've just got the Sonny Rollins prestige box set from Ebay. A great box , terrible info on the sleeves though.

Great comment from the wife ! Could be the start of a new thread - My wife the critic. Best comment from mine , i was playing some Electric Miles whilst in the kitchen , she shouted 'have you got an elephant out there with you ?'

Edited by Gary

Guest Mnytime

John

When did you order your copy in relation to when you got it? I still haven't received my copy and I ordered it in the first week it was up on their board.

I am starting to think we are better off picking these up from other sources beside Atavistic themselves. I always seem to get my copy a week after I could have gotten it anywhere else no matter when I order it throught Atavistic before it is released.

John

When did you order your copy in relation to when you got it?  I still haven't received my copy and I ordered it in the first week it was up on their board.

I am starting to think we are better off picking these up from other sources beside Atavistic themselves.  I always seem to get my copy a week after I could have gotten it anywhere else no matter when I order it throught Atavistic before it is released.

Its not just me then mine's still not here (i was just about to hit the panic button)

Ghost Of Miles,

:D:D:D:D:D:D

those comments are better than my usual 'Why are you listening to that old man's music ??'

My wife HATES jazz . I did get my own back , we have 2 very young kids she spends all day with & she tends to go to bed soon after they do - we were recently shopping , i bought her a cd of her choice which was the new Emenem CD . She gets it home & realise its packed with bad language & she cant play it because the kids are always around ! :D

She hates it -when we get in the car my 2 year old son points to the stereo - when i put jazz on he puts his thumb in his mouth and starts moving his fingers up & down - I cant think where he gets it from!

Guest Mnytime

I got mine today. It guess it doesn't matter when you order it before the official release date.

For those in the Los Angeles area that still hasn't ordered this disc. A friend picked up his copy from Amoeba in Hollywood today and they are selling the 2CD Vandermark for $15.15 with tax.

Guest Mnytime

Checking the papers that came with the new Vandermark and it mentions this upcoming release and reissues from Atavistic

Nels Cline & Gregg Bendian-Interstellar Space Revisited:The Music of John Coltrane

Alexander Schlippenbach Trio-Pakistani Pomade

Rudiger Carl, Inc.-King Alcohol

Globe Unity Orchestra-Hamburg '74

Brotzmann/Van Hove/Bennink- S/T

Brotzmann/Bennink-Schwartzwaldfahrt

Moholo/Stabbins/Tippett-Tern

Edited by Mnytime

Mnytime, Sorry I didn't repond to your post. I've had a few days In old Europe (Berlin) and this is the first time I've had a chance to catch up with the board.

I put in an advance order to Atavistic about three weeks prior to the release date. They must have posted on the day it came out. USPS and Royal Mail did the rest-bless em. Four days from Chicago to the south of England, pretty good I'd say.

Guest Mnytime

Really enjoy this release. I listened to it twice already today. I prefer this one to their last release Acoustic Machine. I like the new drummer and look forward to future releases once he and the other members get to know each other even better.

The Rollins covers really smoke. While I enjoyed David Ware's take on The Freedom Suite on his last release I prefer the Vandermark 5 version better. Though both don't compare to the Rollins original version. But that really is not a fair comparison.

It is also interesting to hear the V5 version of East Broadway Rundown in comparison to the DKV version on Trigonometry.

To top it off, while I was at the Atavistic site ordering the upcoming Brotzmann and Schlippenbach releases for April, I discovered that V5 will be touring the West Coast in a couple of months!! Hot Damn! The dates and location have not been announced yet but they will be between June 1st and July 1st of this year. Though I should not get to excited knowing our luck in Los Angeles they most likely won't come near here.

Edited by Mnytime