Favorite Beatles tunes/specific-recordings??

Rooster_Ties

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY BULLDOG -- WOW, what a great tune. Before 24 hours ago, I'd probably only ever heard this tune maybe 2 or 3 times in my entire life. I mean, I kind of vaguely recognize it -- but just barely. What a GREAT tune. This has to be a tune I just never heard back in the day -- cuz I would have taped it for sure.

I just now happened upon this thread, after a prolonged absence from this and other message boards, and the first tune that popped into my head was "Hey Bulldog." This is something I found on some weird Mexican pirate cassette as a teenager at of all places the local Target, and it's been a favorite ever since.

You got it on a weird Mexican pirate cassette, I got it in 1980 on a Uruguayan (probably) pirate of the Yellow Submarine LP. The stock wasn't cardboard but a slick paper contained inside of thick clear plastic. The LP just slide inside of that. Personally I think the song sounds best from a dubious source - adds to the allure.

Just curious if anyone else ever heard a Beatles tune called You Know My Name, Look Up My Number? If I recall correctly, it was the B-side to the single release of Revolution #9.

Up over and out.

It's a fun tune. It's also on the Beatles Past Masters Vol 2, I believe. Those two discs compiled all of the non-lp tracks by the Beatles throughout their career.

• 2 years later...

Dear Prudence still sounds ahead of it's time as far as I'm concerned. The drop-D tuning is a nice touch.

I've Just Seen A Face is a great little song that's pretty well ignored.

I Want You (She's So Heavy) was probably the first Doom track.

Anybody hip to The Beatles Remixers Group?

Can't say that I am--good stuff?

Some, yeah. Some real remixes, using all sorts of tools and sources, and some mashups. Not all of it works, but when it is good, it is good.

Here's a mashup - not perfect, but almost:

Some, yeah. Some real remixes, using all sorts of tools and sources, and some mashups. Not all of it works, but when it is good, it is good.

Whoa--the missing Em-A7 in the first line is a real harmonic mindf**k. I mean it resolves, but--for a second--it's kind of floating there.

Edited by ep1str0phy

This is interesting, at least:

You Never Give Me Your Money

Definitely but still prefer the master although some interesting improvising going on.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Whoa--the missing Em-A7 in the first line is a real harmonic mindf**k. I mean it resolves, but--for a second--it's kind of floating there.

Weird stuff.

The "stroke of genius" for me is the guitar solo. For real.

And oh yeah - that bridge is nice too. Real nice.

The "stroke of genius" for me is the guitar solo. For real.

And oh yeah - that bridge is nice too. Real nice.

Amazing. All the subtle time manipulations and the reharmonizations--beautiful. Superimposing that guitar solo into a new context--I almost don't notice that it's flown in from somewhere else.

• 4 weeks later...

I've always liked em, since I was a kid and my mum played me their records.

Some faves:

The Night Before

I'm Down

Strawberry Fields

Dear Prudence

Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey

Old Brown Shoe

I never paid attention to the covers they did of the rock n roll greats, but heard Money and Dizzy Miss Lizzy recently and was surprised - because they kept the Liverpool accents, it worked for me better than the Stones and those that affected the American accent.