Spotted: Bottoms Up! JRVG

"You might try contacting Hiroshi at Early Records. He may be able to get it for you at a reasonable price. "

Hiroshi does indeed have good prices and great service, but he can't ship from Japan for less than about 1300 yen/~$11, so it isn't very cost effective unless you order multiple discs. He charges about 2500 yen/~$21 for a JRVG, but sometimes finds mint used copies that sell for about 2000 yen/~$17.

I still highly recommend ordering from Hiroshi- he's great to work with. He is willing to look for, and can often find CDs not listed on his website.

"You might try contacting Hiroshi at Early Records. He may be able to get it for you at a reasonable price. "

Hiroshi does indeed have good prices and great service, but he can't ship from Japan for less than about 1300 yen/~$11, so it isn't very cost effective unless you order multiple discs. He charges about 2500 yen/~$21 for a JRVG, but sometimes finds mint used copies that sell for about 2000 yen/~$17.

I still highly recommend ordering from Hiroshi- he's great to work with. He is willing to look for, and can often find CDs not listed on his website.

Although I've never ordered from Hiroshi, we emailed each other a few times. He seems a good guy and extremely helpful. One thing which should be mentioned, however, is that the method of payment can prove costly if one can't use paypal. Those international money orders are very expensive. Total it all up and I'm not so sure it's a good deal. That's why I have never ordered from him.

Like riverrat mentioned, if you buy in bulk, it's quite worthwhile. Prior to paypal, I bought those international money orders from the USPS and they weren't that expensive (I recall about $7 or $8). Spread over a few discs, that's not expensive. I'm not sure why you can't use paypal, but it's a great substitute to the imos. He does charge a small fee however.

From my recollection Hiroshi charges about 250 Yen per lp sleeve style disc. That's a couple of bucks. And to top that off he packs 'em up with Japanese style- that means perfectly! He does take PayPal and that costs him not you. Caveat- PayPal has hotel exchange rates. <_<

So if you were to order up a couple new 2500Y JRVGs, say, from Dusty Groove it would be $54.00 shipped compared to Tanno at $46.00 - you save eight and get some Japanese stamps to give to the kids!

Edited by Man with the Golden Arm

Man With the Golden Arm:

From my recollection Hiroshi charges about 250 Yen per lp sleeve style disc. That's a couple of bucks.

I checked some old orders from Hiroshi- it looks like MWTGA is correct and I was mistaken. I found an order for 2 CDs for which I was charged 500 yen, or exactly 250 yen per disc. This is much, much less than any other Japanese source and another reason to order from Early Records.