where to buy ogun CDs?

Guest akanalog

Guest akanalog

i never have good experiences with jazzloft and in fact, i ordered what i was looking for from them earlier tonight, but of course they dont actually have it even though it was listed on their site.

dustygroove doesn't have it either.

i am looking for the harry miller collection and the surman/osborne/skidmore one if it out yet.

Guest akanalog

yeah i was directed to cadillac records in the UK by one of our british friends on the aaj board.

i spoke with hazel miller over email and i guess the harry miller box is out of print basically.

she offered me 2 of the discs plus a CDR of one of the discs with no box for the whole thing at a reduced price but i dunno. i will try cadence i guess.

no vinyl for this, clem, just looking for CDs.

DMG seems to have chilled with the CDRs. nothing new for a while.

bruce was explaining to me the deal with his harry miller box sets and it didn't make sense either....something about having to staple it together myself.

whatever is going on, the search for an intact box continues.

Hi,

When I bought it at DMG, I had the same issue. Basically Ogun doesn't assemble the box anymore. You get the 3 CDs, the booklet, and cardstock with noyes on it that you get to fold to make the "box" (which is more like a protective sleeve). It's like free jazz meets origami. But honestly, unless you find a used full box, I think you should get the music in whatever form Hazel Miller says she can get it to you, and have fun with paper folding. I also think it would be rather nice to get it from Hazel Miller directly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest akanalog

ok so i got my package from ogun.

the SOS disc is tight-nice package, sound, music.

i am a bit down on the box set.

no packaging whatsover.

the 2nd and 3rd discs are fine.

but the 1st one-the CD label is too big to fit in a CD case and is black and white. they could have at least reprinted it in color rather than a distressed photocopy. and so now i need to find a way to stash the bad printed 1st cover and what do i do now about casing and labeling disc 1? do i scan the photcopy and resize it smaller? do i make a new label with color cover images i can search for online? it was only like 4 bucks cheaper than the original box set so i am bumming a bit. i like enjoying the cover art.

well i guess i am going to keep looking for a used one and i can give away the one i have now to someone as the music is great.