Help on some K2s

marcoliv

UP & UPDATED!!!!

dear friends,

i just need 3 more to complete the whole k2 collection:

Thelonious Monk - Misterioso

Thelonious Monk - Thelonious Alone In San Francisco

Sonny Rollins - The Sound Of Sonny

i know some of the titles are available in other formats or series but you guys already know my collector vein so i'm only interested on the K2 ones. Half.com is not an option since my credit card is not issued on the US.

any lead or help is really appreciated

many thanks in advance

Marcus Oliveira

ps: being a silly collector, the K2s i got from yourmusic didn't come with the cardboard slipcases so if any member does not bother to not have them and is willing to sell i'd like to have the following slipcases:

Bill Evans/Tony Bennett

Bill Evans - Everybody Digs Bill Evans

Wes Montgomery - Boss Guitar and Full House

Miles Davis - Workin'

Benny Carter - Jazz Giant

Adderley/Evans - Know What I Mean

Ella Abraca Jobim

Edited by marcoliv

K2 digital remastering is a JVC process that OJC has used on select titles in the past. (I don't think the Fantasy agreement has extended into the Concord management of OJC material).

Here's what it says on the back of many K2 digital remastered cds:

This album was mastered in analog using the 20-Bit K2 Super Coding System.

Developed by JVC, the 20-Bit K2 Super Coding System integrates three important digital audio functions:

1. The JVC 20-Bit, 128 times over-sampling high resolution analog to digital converter.

2. The JVC K2 Super Coding resolves the high resolution 20-Bit signal to the 16-Bit compact disc format while retaining the integrity of the low level information.

3. The JVC K2 Interface effectively eliminates time base jitter in the digital data stream.

The end result is a compact disc of extraordinarily higher resolution than that of today's conventional compact discs. The 20-Bit K2 Super Coding System allows the listener to hear every subtle sonic nuance from the breathing of the musicians to the explosive crack of the snare drum. Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Half.com is not an option since my credit card is not issued on the US.

ps: being a silly collector, the K2s i got from yourmusic didn't come with the cardboard slipcases so if any member does not bother to not have them and is willing to sell i'd like to have the following slipcases:

Marco

Can I ask howyou manage to get cds from yourmusic if your credit card was not issued in the US? I was under the impression that yourmusic was for US residents only.

Thanks

Denis

• 3 months later...