Classic Capitol Jazz Sessions

Just another thank you for the advice, guys. The set arrived yesterday, and I put the first disc on when we got back from dinner. This was the first time the wife and I actually sat down for a serious jazz listen together, so this one's gonna have memories to go along with it. (Okay, I think she was dozing a couple of times, but still...) Great stuff, and just what I was looking for. I snuck the first disc of the Bird set on next, but that lasted about half a minute before I got "the look". Oh, well...

I'm trying not to skip ahead to the Kay Starr stuff, but I don't know...

Edited by Jazzmoose

• 8 months later...

I read almost nothing but positive about the Capitol Jazz box. At the same time, the Capitol Jazz box, due to so many disks, is not a frugal investment. Also, this box is no longer a new Mosaic release.

I don't want to miss the Capitol Jazz box. I'll be purchasing when it's moved to Running Low. I wonder how well this set has sold for Mosaic? I wonder how many copies are still available? I wonder if the license could be soon to expire?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, it looks like even Scatman Crothers does some singing on the Capitol Jazz Sessions. I don't know much about Scatman except that I've seen him in the movies. I've always wondered if his name had a jazz connotation. Now, I know.

Crothers01.jpgScatmanCpilot.JPG

ScatmanCrothers.JPG

Edited by wesbed

• 4 years later...
  • 10 years later...