Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jazzmoose

Classic Capitol Jazz Sessions

38 posts in this topic

The Ella Mae Morse Bear Family is really nice, fun stuff, most of which is pretty interesting to a swing/jazz fan. She sure had personality and charisma almost B) as big as Texas!

Glad to hear the Ella Mae is worth getting....

Just another thank you for the advice, guys. The set arrived yesterday, and I put the first disc on when we got back from dinner. This was the first time the wife and I actually sat down for a serious jazz listen together, so this one's gonna have memories to go along with it. (Okay, I think she was dozing a couple of times, but still...) Great stuff, and just what I was looking for. I snuck the first disc of the Bird set on next, but that lasted about half a minute before I got "the look". Oh, well...

I'm trying not to skip ahead to the Kay Starr stuff, but I don't know...

Edited by Jazzmoose

I read almost nothing but positive about the Capitol Jazz box. At the same time, the Capitol Jazz box, due to so many disks, is not a frugal investment. Also, this box is no longer a new Mosaic release.

I don't want to miss the Capitol Jazz box. I'll be purchasing when it's moved to Running Low. I wonder how well this set has sold for Mosaic? I wonder how many copies are still available? I wonder if the license could be soon to expire?

I don't want to miss the Capitol Jazz box. I'll be purchasing when it's moved to Running Low. I wonder how well this set has sold for Mosaic? I wonder how many copies are still available? I wonder if the license could be soon to expire?

Why don't you ask Mosaic? info@mosaicrecords.com

Interesting, it looks like even Scatman Crothers does some singing on the Capitol Jazz Sessions. I don't know much about Scatman except that I've seen him in the movies. I've always wondered if his name had a jazz connotation. Now, I know.

Crothers01.jpgScatmanCpilot.JPG

ScatmanCrothers.JPG

Edited by wesbed

Can somebody remember the price of the LP set when it was still available at Mosaic?

$14. -_-

Great. I have just bought one for $34. Good deal then. :excited:

Edited by ASNL77

$14. -_-

Great. I have just bought one for $34. Good deal then. :excited:

You got the whole set for $34??? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

LPs sold for $18 a piece and this was a 19-LP set.

Up—started revisiting this set after pulling it out for the Anita O’Day sides. Such a fantastic collection.