Mike Schwartz/KSJS October guest list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weekly "Straight No Chaser" Broadcast each Sunday on 90.5FM KSJS San Jose, CA and www.ksjs.org 6-10AM Pacific/9AM-1PM Eastern times Hosted by Mike Schwartz.

The Artist Feature utilizes the final hour of the program devoted to the guest 9-10AM Pacific/12-1PM Eastern.

10/01

Guitartst/bandleader/composer:

Dave Stryker his latest "The Chaser" CD is on the current KSJS playlist [Mel Bay Records]

10/08

Composer/keyboardist:

Gil Goldstein his recent "Under Rousseau's Moon" Live @ The Blue Note CD is on the current KSJS playlist [Half Note] I was able to attend one perfromance back in January and have been waiting for this release. One of the last recordings with the late Don Elias, who was in great artistic form here.

10/15

Electric bassist/composer:

Mark Egan has a new 2 CD offering entitled "As We Speak" in trio with John Abercrombie/guitar, and Danny Gottlieb/drums [Wavetone]. 11 of 16 compositions Egan originals, 4 from Abercrombie, 1 standard.

10/22

Vibes,Marimba/composer/bandleader:

Stefon Harris his soon to be released "African Tarentella" CD [blue Note],coming to the KSJS playlist. Stefon visits with me via phone just days prior to his San Francisco Jazz Festival concert on 10/26 and L.A. Jazz Bakery stay immediately to follow.

10/29

open at the moment, but not for long..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weekly "Straight No Chaser" Broadcast each Sunday on 90.5FM KSJS San Jose, CA and www.ksjs.org 6-10AM Pacific/9AM-1PM Eastern times Hosted by Mike Schwartz.

The Artist Feature utilizes the final hour of the program devoted to the guest 9-10AM Pacific/12-1PM Eastern.

10/01

Guitartst/bandleader/composer:

Dave Stryker his latest "The Chaser" CD is on the current KSJS playlist [Mel Bay Records]

10/08

Composer/keyboardist:

Gil Goldstein his recent "Under Rousseau's Moon" Live @ The Blue Note CD is on the current KSJS playlist [Half Note] I was able to attend one perfromance back in January and have been waiting for this release. One of the last recordings with the late Don Elias, who was in great artistic form here.

10/15

Electric bassist/composer:

Mark Egan has a new 2 CD offering entitled "As We Speak" in trio with John Abercrombie/guitar, and Danny Gottlieb/drums [Wavetone]. 11 of 16 compositions Egan originals, 4 from Abercrombie, 1 standard.

10/22

Vibes,Marimba/composer/bandleader:

Stefon Harris his soon to be released "African Tarentella" CD [blue Note],coming to the KSJS playlist. Stefon visits with me via phone just days prior to his San Francisco Jazz Festival concert on 10/26 and L.A. Jazz Bakery stay immediately to follow.

10/29

open at the moment, but not for long..........

Great stuff here, Mike!

I hope the shows go well for you :D

Always like to hear about more jazz on the radio , but it's a pity about your time-slot . Jazz for me has always been a night music ; I associate mornings with commerce , not art . Even among those who do listen to jazz in the early morning , I doubt many of them do so on SUNDAY mornings . Does your alloted time reflect your lack of seniority at KSJS , or are you really a jazz earlybird ? In any event , best of luck with your show ; let us know if it gets archived for download .

Hope everyone who visits the KSJS website votes in the poll asking what type of music the station needs more of .