Cowboy talk.

What the hell is with Bledsoe? One minute he looks brilliant, and then the next he is horrible. I turned the channel midway through the 4th quarter; I had given up on a chance of a comeback. The team was playing flat and looked spent.

I flip back over just in time to see that bomb thrown to Terry Glenn, with the ensuing defensive interference penalty placing the cowboys on the 6 yard line with 38 seconds left and no time outs. Okay, they can tie the game with a TD and an extra point.

What happens? Bledsoe throws it right in the breadbasket of a Philly player who runs it back 100 yards for a TD. Game over.

Unbelievable. He plays with absolutely no poise. How many turnovers was he alone accountable for today? Five or six? The Cowboys could have won this one.

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

I'm sure Big Al enjoyed this game! :P

It's gotta be Romo time in Dallas. Bledsoe is a tease, and has been that way for a long time. He'll play great one week, then crappy the next. He's had his bell run too many times, I think. He'll never get the Cowboys to the big game.

I would have liked to have seen a surprise start by Romo today. I think it might have made the difference in this game, having someone who can move AND can get rid of the ball a bit quicker. You know T.O. was thinking that too.

What the hell is with Bledsoe? One minute he looks brilliant, and then the next he is horrible.

They can tell you in Buffalo!

Goes back farther than that. Belichick recognized the guy was a dud and replaced him with a green Tom Brady. Yeah, we know Brady is one of the best qbs in the league, but he wasn't one back then. Bledsoe is simply awful. He's capable of good games, but he has always been maddeningly inconsistent.

I'm sure Big Al enjoyed this game! :P

It's gotta be Romo time in Dallas. Bledsoe is a tease, and has been that way for a long time. He'll play great one week, then crappy the next. He's had his bell run too many times, I think. He'll never get the Cowboys to the big game.

I would have liked to have seen a surprise start by Romo today. I think it might have made the difference in this game, having someone who can move AND can get rid of the ball a bit quicker. You know T.O. was thinking that too.

Sure did enjoy that game!

As long as Parcells is coach, Romo will never start.

What the hell is with Bledsoe? One minute he looks brilliant, and then the next he is horrible.

They can tell you in Buffalo!

Goes back farther than that. Belichick recognized the guy was a dud and replaced him with a green Tom Brady. Yeah, we know Brady is one of the best qbs in the league, but he wasn't one back then. Bledsoe is simply awful. He's capable of good games, but he has always been maddeningly inconsistent.

I'm not sure I agree with this analysis. Bledsoe is not very dependable in the clutch, but in 2005 had relatively weak support from the other skill players. Neither Julius Jones nor Marion Barber had played a full, healthy season of football when last season began - Jones was a rookie in 2004 and was injured, and Barber was a rookie in 2005. Note that the Cowboys in 2005 averaged 3.57 rushing yards per attempt - 26th in the NFL, despite running the ball more times than every team but four. The main receiving talent (Peerless Price) ended up getting injured. Terry Glenn was solid, but aging. Keyshawn Johnson has always been an overhyped position receiver. The only player who outperformed expectations was TE Jason Witten.

Edited by Big Wheel

Nothing is wrong with the Cowboys. As long as they keep losing, they're fine. The Eagles Jimmy Johnson created a masterful defensive game plan that kept the 'Boys on their heels for most of the game, especially in the second half. McNabb was brilliant, everything Bledsoe wasn't. T.O. looked like he was about to go off on someone a half a dozen times. With no quarterback to get him the ball consistently, it's only a matter of time before he loses it. Hey, Dallas, welcome to the nightmare. Been there, done that.

Also, just to set the record straight about Tom Brady replacing Bledsoe, New England only made that move after Bledsoe was injured. That's not to say he was setting the league on fire when he was starting for the Pats, but an injury, not a coaching decision, is what put Brady in the starting lineup.

Up over and out.

Also, just to set the record straight about Tom Brady replacing Bledsoe, New England only made that move after Bledsoe was injured. That's not to say he was setting the league on fire when he was starting for the Pats, but an injury, not a coaching decision, is what put Brady in the starting lineup.Up over and out.

Hey, I know about this stuff! ;)

Bledsoe was ready to play by the last few games of that season, but Belichick declined to put him in. He spelled Brady (and did a good job) for part of the playoff victory over the Steelers, but again Belichick chose to start the unproven Brady in the Super Bowl against the Rams. Bledsoe swallowed hard over the decision, but had no choice.

There's a book about that season and the following two written by a Boston sportswriter. I cannot remember the title, but he quotes Belichick as stating that Bledsoe had too many liabilities.

The best evidence is this: NE traded him to a division rival (Buffalo.) They were well aware of Drew's weaknesses and weren't scared of him. You don't normally trade "good" quarterbacks to division rivals. There were other teams which showed interest in obtaining Drew at that time.

Bledsoe, in my opinion, had hurt the NE Patriots many times while serving as the starter. I was happy to see him go. He has a few good games in a row then stinks up the joint for several other games. Otherwise, he's a friendly and cooperative player.

How many times did the Cowboys run a play in which Bledsoe got clipped as he was throwing? You'd think they would have recognized the blitzes were coming more frequently once that happened.

What can I say. As an Eagles fan, to see T.O. irrelevant to the outcome, going off on anyone within earshot ("I was wide open"??? Bull....he changed speeds at times that did NOT fool the Eagles coverage, but DID fool Bledsoe enough to make it impossible to throw to him) and being his usual immature, absolutely useless to anyone but his own worthless ego self was a supreme vindication for him having ruined the Eagles last year! He is the ultimate un-teammate and will bring down any team around him. In any case, he's obviously not Parcells first or even second option, and will only be a first option when they play teams with no ability to cover anyone. When that next happens he will take full credit, as usual. Come on T.O., admit that YOU sucked yesterday, not that you didn't get enough "touches". Despite being able to stand on that freakin' Dallas Cowboys midfield star now without being knocked over, HIS own star is clearly on the decline! Touch this, T.O.!!!

Apologies to Cowboys fans for the rant, but you'll hate the guy as much as us Philly fans soon enough!

There are too many "Cow Sheep" (as Randy Galloway calls 'em) to ever admit that signing T.O. was a mistake. More's their pity.

The Cowboys offensive line couldn't even stand up to my son's 5th grade football team's defense.

The rest of this season oughta be fuuuuuuuuuuunnnnn!!! :g

Today's 'boys are a bunch of pussies. LMAO

Hollywood.....so far gone on coke

Dorsett........so far gone on JB and pussy

Tony Hill.......busy keeping the above two game ready..LMAO

The NFL is so politically correct these days...

TO is the only player the boys have these days, but he arrived 30 years too late.

Edited by wolff

So far we've talked about Bledsoe and T.O. being the problem...I don't buy it, the coaching staff should eat this one.

Where is the offensive line coach? Hell...where is the friggin' weight trainer? You can't win ball games with a crap line...and the Cowboys have some good position players...but they aren't playing together. Bledsoe got pummeled on Sunday and it wasn't all his fault. It doesn't do a bit of good to have a "mega star" WR when the line can't keep the quarterback on his feet long enough to get the ball to the prick.

I'm as sick to death of T.O. as anybody, but he was rightly frustrated on Sunday.

Good, fair, and true points.

But...

The game-losing interception was not thrown while BleedSoul was under particularly heavy pressure.

Now, you can say that he had been under so much pressure all day that he might not have been able to find his zone. And you may well be right. But I'll counter that a "champion" caliber player carpe diems in a situation like that and doesn't throw that interception. And I may well be right.

And then we mambo! :g:g:g

Good, fair, and true points.

But...

The game-losing interception was not thrown while BleedSoul was under particularly heavy pressure.

Now, you can say that he had been under so much pressure all day that he might not have been able to find his zone. And you may well be right. But I'll counter that a "champion" caliber player carpe diems in a situation like that and doesn't throw that interception. And I may well be right.

And then we mambo! :g:g:g

After getting sacked 7 times some "champion" caliber players are left wondering why there are three head linesmen on the field all of a sudden.