Cowboy talk.

I know Big Al was sitting back with a big smile on his face after that game! :P

Turmoil in Dallas. Who's gonna be QB from here on out? I say go with Romo. He made some rookie mistakes last night. And even though he's been with Dallas for 4 yrs, he IS a rookie as far as playing time. That was his first real playing time, after last week's mopup duty.

I think he moved the team more effectively than Bledsoe did in the first half, and once he calms down and the plays are planned around him, I think he'll do ok.

Dallas' biggest problem last night was the offensive line. They didn't pass block or run block well at all. And with no running game, it made it easy for the Giants D to play against a one-dimensional team.

Romo has my vote. He is definitely more able to evade rushes, and he seems to think better on his feet than Bledsoe.

Not that it will make much difference this year. With the way the offensive line is "performing", protection is a joke. Of course, the Giants have a terrific defensive line. Kudos to them. They kicked ass last night - even without Arrington.

mcnabb was the best qb TO ever had or will have.....

and he crapped all over him

I think that Indestructible will agree with me when I say that TO's best QB was Jeff Garcia in his prime!

I seem to recall Owens playing with a fairly good QB named Steve Young.

Oops, I forgot- that was "Terrell Owens", not "T.O." :rolleyes:

Well... I better get outta this thread now...

SF_999.gif

:o:crazy:

The Cowboys looked a lot like the Raiders last night--can't run, can't protect the QB, shoot themselves in the foot at crucial moments of the game, have great skill players their line can't help perform...

Well, maybe not quite as bad as the Raiders--but similar problems.

While I think going with Romo is the correct move for Dallas, I have to question the timing. The kid had only completed two passes for his entire career and you stick him into a tight game(they were only down by 5 points) on Monday Night Football??? WTF?? That just looked like total desperation on Parcells part and the Giants, rightly, smelled blood. Parcells can't go back to Bledsoe after that benching. He should bench the O lone coach. What a disgrace.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyup!

Seriously, as much as I detest Jones/Owens & Co., I hope they stick with Romo if they want to even think about having a future. I agree that last night was a lot of rookie mistakes, but I believe he'll get better. Bledsoe won't; he's too set in his ways to adjust.

Edited by Big Al

Here's the AP article:

Tony Romo is now the first-string quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, and will make his first career start Sunday night at Carolina.

Coach Bill Parcells said Wednesday that Romo, who replaced 14-year veteran Drew Bledsoe in the second half of Monday night's 36-22 loss to the New York Giants, will start.

"Any time you do something like this, it's not without a lot of consideration," Parcells said. "I've been thinking about it for some time. ... Hopefully, maybe as the team is comprised right now, he might be able to do a couple of things that assist us."

Neither Bledsoe nor Romo appeared in the Cowboys locker-room Wednesday. The team said Bledsoe would talk later in the day.

Romo, a fourth-year pro who had never thrown a pass in a game until this season, will be the ninth different starting quarterback for the Cowboys (3-3) since Hall of Famer Troy Aikman retired after the 2001 season.

Bledsoe joined Parcells in Dallas last year, reuniting with the coach who made him the No. 1 pick in 1993 for the New England Patriots.

His last pass Monday night was an interception at the goal-line just before halftime when the Cowboys had a chance to take the lead. Bledsoe had already been sacked four times, once for a safety.

Parcells rarely changes quarterbacks mid-season, often showing loyalty to veterans. Two years ago, Parcells stuck with 41-year-old Vinny Testaverde during a 6-10 season. Like Bledsoe, Testaverde had also played with Parcells earlier in his career.

But Bledsoe apparently made too many costly mistakes for Parcells. His last interception came in a game that could have given the Cowboys first place in the NFC East.

In Dallas' three victories, Bledsoe had six touchdown passes and one interception. But those have all been against teams with losing records. Against playoff contenders Jacksonville, Philadelphia and the Giants, he has one TD and seven INTs.

Parcells told Bledsoe about his demotion Wednesday morning.

"He was emotionally under control. I'm sure he wasn't happy to hear the news," Parcells said. "I just told him we're going to make this change right now, and that he needed to stay around ready. He assured me he would do that."

Romo was intercepted on his first pass, on a ball tipped by Michael Strahan and caught by Antonio Pierce. He threw two more interceptions, one returned 96 yards for a touchdown.

"He's got to be more careful with the ball than he was the other night," Parcells said.

But Romo also showed he could be effective. He scrambled and completed 14 of 25 passes for 227 yards and two touchdowns, and flashed more footwork running for a two-point conversion.

Terry Glenn, the Cowboys' leading receiver with 29 catches, said the team has confidence in Romo and likes his mobility. But it's still a difficult move personally for Glenn, who spent the first six seasons of his career in New England with Bledsoe and has become a favorite target.

"Well, you know Bledsoe is my guy. I wish things weren't going the way they are, but obviously the coaching staff sees something," Glenn said. "I'm just out here playing. I want to win. Whoever's out there, let's make plays and let's try to win."

Before Monday night, Romo's only two passes were a pair of completions with a touchdown to Terrell Owens. That came in the closing minutes of a 34-6 victory over the Houston Texans.

The limited game experience for Romo doesn't seem to bother the Cowboys.

"The guys believe in him," receiver Patrick Crayton said. "His mobility, man. He's an improviser sometimes when he gets out there. You kind of expect the ball to come to you on every play."

Here's the AP article:

"Any time you do something like this, it's not without a lot of consideration," Parcells said. "I've been thinking about it for some time. ... Hopefully, maybe as the team is compromised right now, he might be able to do a couple of things that assist us."

Typo corrected. :w

You know who I feel sorry for? Romo. This guy gets thrown directly to the sharks, with no offensive line to protect him, a bunch of ego-hungry recievers whining for the ball and I'm sure that as soon as he makes a few mistakes...he'll get benched and Bledsoe will be back.

It's going to take a miracle for the Cowboys to get into the post-season this year. Too many other good teams out there.

You know who I feel sorry for? Romo. This guy gets thrown directly to the sharks, with no offensive line to protect him, a bunch of ego-hungry recievers whining for the ball and I'm sure that as soon as he makes a few mistakes...he'll get benched and Bledsoe will be back.

It's going to take a miracle for the Cowboys to get into the post-season this year. Too many other good teams out there.

Dallas only has one egomaniacal receiver whining for the ball--the rest of them are all unselfish and team oriented.

It is however rather difficult to disagree with your avatar in the room.

With all the noise made by the offensive side, everyone's forgetting that the Cowboys secondary is giving up one big play after another. The corners are solid but two safeties (including THE ALL-WORLD ROY WILLIAMS) are making too many mistakes. Linebackers also look slow in chasing plays to the sidelines ... and Fujita and Shanle are doing very well in New Orleans.

With all the noise made by the offensive side, everyone's forgetting that the Cowboys secondary is giving up one big play after another. The corners are solid but two safeties (including THE ALL-WORLD ROY WILLIAMS) are making too many mistakes. Linebackers also look slow in chasing plays to the sidelines ... and Fujita and Shanle are doing very well in New Orleans.

Demarcus Ware is the real deal though. Great player!

Demarcus Ware is the real deal though. Great player!

There was alot of gnashing of teeth in Dallas when Ware was drafted, with alot of folks preferring Shawne Merriman. For a while it looked like Merriman was turning into the more dominant defensive player, but as it turns out he apparently had some pharmaceutical help in doing so. I think ultimately Dallas made the better pick in that draft.

Unfortunately, this past draft has turned out pretty poorly for Dallas - 1st round LB Bobby Carpenter can't crack the starting lineup over Greg Ellis, moved from the D-Line. TE Anthony Fasano isn't anything to write home about, nor is Skyler Green. The only players that have contributed from this draft are DE Ratliff and S Pat Watkins. I think Watkins will turn into a pretty good player in time, but he's still green.