Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mandrill

Jazz life in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill (Triangle area),NC

10 posts in this topic

I moved here few months ago and looking for familiar sights & sounds. :)

Any suggestions of clubs, jazz events, record/CD stores in the area (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill)?

Thanks.

I just moved to Durham last month. I don't know about jazz stuff, but if you want rock stuff, Schoolkids in Chapel Hill on East Franklin St is a good place. One store is for new and one store is used and they're right next door to each other.

I just moved to Durham last month. I don't know about jazz stuff, but if you want rock stuff, Schoolkids in Chapel Hill on East Franklin St is a good place. One store is for new and one store is used and they're right next door to each other.

Thanks.

I've been there but wasn't that impressed.

I think Nice Books & Records is better, especially for vinyl.

They have stores in Carrboro, Durham & Raleigh.

Also CD Alley in Carrboro/Chapel Hill is the one I'm about to check.

Have you been there? Do they sell any vinyl?

There are a couple good used places in Raleigh not too far from NC State. One is Reader's Corner and the other is (yes) Nice Price books. They are both on Hillsborough.

Thanks.

If you go to Nice Price Books be sure to say hello to Boardmember sjarrell.....Sandy is a regular contributor and a nice guy. He could probably help you out concerning the local jazz scene.

Regards,

Thanks.

If you go to Nice Price Books be sure to say hello to Boardmember sjarrell.....Sandy is a regular contributor and a nice guy. He could probably help you out concerning the local jazz scene.Regards,

:tup I second that!

Thanks.

If you go to Nice Price Books be sure to say hello to Boardmember sjarrell.....Sandy is a regular contributor and a nice guy. He could probably help you out concerning the local jazz scene.Regards,

Which store is it? The one in Chapel Hill or the one in Raleigh?

:tup I second that!

Glossed right over this thread last year! Thanks, guys, for the kind words. And I'm at the Raleigh store.

Most of the jazz in my life is on CD, as I'm at home with the wife and kid nearly every night. So I'm not gonna be much help. But stop by and chat if you're in town! I'm not as antisocial as you must have figured. Just oblivious.

Have you found anything interesting to do in RDU?

Any update to this thread?  I'll be in Durham for a few days  starting tomorrow for a conference and am wondering if there's anything noteworthy to check out.