Your favourite Blue Note Album Cover

mikeweil

Guest ariceffron

as a longtime carrier of the word of mobley i want to inquire, why is this your favorite album cover of all blue notes? Its not even an "old skool" blue note cover. and hank looks kind of funny in that yellow shirt. what the hell. nevertheless it is one of the only well known colour photos of hank. i dont know what my favorite one is- like jazz and art there are so many interesting works

as a longtime carrier of the word of mobley i want to inquire, why is this your favorite album cover of all blue notes?  Its not even an "old skool" blue note cover.  and hank looks kind of funny in that yellow shirt.  what the hell.  nevertheless it is one of the only well known colour photos of hank.

Why is this my favourite? It shows the working spirit at the session, I like the yellow shirt, it matches the pencil ;) , it is one of my favourite Mobley LPs .... not old school, for sure, but I simply like it better than most Mobley covers, although some are nice, especially Hi Voltage - which has another colour photo.

B0000565EV.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Edited by mikeweil

I'll second the vote for Henderson's Page One. Just played it earlier tonight, and that one just never gets old...

Also have to put in a vote for the following:

2434990022.jpg

This one holds a special place -- it's one of the first jazz CD's I purchased, plus my kids wander around the house singing "Song for my Father" all the time. My techno-12 year old is still trying to figure out how to make that song the ringer on my cell phone!