Leslie 125

Piano&Drums

Found a guy to sell me a Leslie 125. I want to use it with the M3 im going to go check out next sunday. The pics of the M3 look good and the guy said all the manuals worked, all the drawbars worked and all the features like percussion and vibrato worked. He said it may need to be oiled and there was only one cosmetic flaw which is like a small chip on one of the corners. Other than that it looks great, lets hope it sounds as great. Hes gonna give it to me for $200. As for the leslie, is a 125 a good pair for an M3? Will it sound good, loud a.k.a sexy? Anyway neither me nor the guy knows how much it should go for, he says it been serviced and works well. Can anyone give me a price range for a leslie 125. Thanks in advance.

-Juan Z.

Juan,

The 125 is a single-rotor Leslie. It does not have an upper horn or upper rotor, so it's a little "dull" sounding. All the sound comes from 1 woofer. That said, it would be a nice addition to an M3 and would give you that rotary sound. It just doesn't have a lot of high frequency range.

$200 for an M3 is a good price. I wouldn't pay more than $250 for the Leslie. Try to get it for $150 or $200.