• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A different kind of grease...

Bob Stewart (Live)

w/ Steve Turre, and that looks like "Smitty" Smith to me on drums.

Is the trumpet player anybody I should know?? How about the guitar player?? Looks like something from the early 90's - with that neckless rock electric guitar, and it's "Hiram Bullock"-esque player.

Pretty hip. I'd buy an album of this stuff for sure.

Edit: Listened to it again, and man I'm REALLY likin' the non-trad jazz guitar in that context with the horns. I gotta find me some of that!!

Edited by Rooster_Ties

A different kind of grease...

Bob Stewart (Live)

w/ Steve Turre, and that looks like "Smitty" Smith to me on drums.

Is the trumpet player anybody I should know?? How about the guitar player?? Looks like something from the early 90's - with that neckless rock electric guitar, and it's "Hiram Bullock"-esque player.

Pretty hip. I'd buy an album of this stuff for sure.

thank you! on youtube it says 1988, both of Stewart's JMT albums fom that period feature similar line-ups and are easily available...

http://www.bobstewartuba.com/

• 1 month later...

Here's an interesting clip featuring the dueling B-3's of Rhoda Scott and Barbara Dennerlein. They're doing a Scott composition called Nova. Take note of the fact that Scott is working the pedals with her bare feet. Nice stuff. I've been a fan of Dennerlein for some time.

Up over and out.

• 2 weeks later...

Freshly posted on 7/31/08:

Footage of the Tony Williams Lifetime from Paris in 1971 with Larry Young! This is not the Montreux gig which has been circulating for a while but another gig certainly from the same tour. Larry is not wearing his Lawrence of Arabia attire.

I did not know this existed. If only we knew for sure there was a first-generation copy of each gig, the two put together could make a wonderful jazz icons release.

Bertrand.

• 1 month later...

Here's an interesting clip featuring the dueling B-3's of Rhoda Scott and Barbara Dennerlein. They're doing a Scott composition called Nova. Take note of the fact that Scott is working the pedals with her bare feet. Nice stuff. I've been a fan of Dennerlein for some time.

Up over and out.

Here are some more samples of Barbara's playing:

Enjoy!