Ed Bradley Dies

Fear not. Mike Wallace is only 175 and just reaching middle age...

Seriously, I don't know how "hip" Bradley really was musically, but as a journalist, he always gave off a good vibe and seemed to neither knowingly tolerate nor tell any lies. He will be missed.

Edited by JSngry

This is such a sad day. Ed Bradley will always be remembered as a Giant of American Jornalism. He set the standard for so many others to follow, always professional, incisive, and a great presence. All my prayers with his loved ones.........There will never be another Ed Bradley; rest well, sir.

This is such a sad day. Ed Bradley will always be remembered as a Giant of American Jornalism. He set the standard for so many others to follow, always professional, incisive, and a great presence. All my prayers with his loved ones.........There will never be another Ed Bradley; rest well, sir.

i would just like to put a very large "amen" to what you've said. he was the best, the very best. my heartfelt condolences to his loved ones. we have lost a very special human being.

Man, this is sad! :( I had noticed he had looked thin and pale for awhile, I figured it might be more heart trouble(He had bypass surgery a few years ago, I think) He was just on 60 minutes a week or two ago!

He interview with Lena Horne about 25 years ago was classic! There was amazing chemistry between the two of them. I would bet they will devote a show to him and his best interviews. Rest in peace.....

Seriously, I don't know how "hip" Bradley really was musically, but as a journalist, he always gave off a good vibe and seemed to neither knowingly tolerate nor tell any lies. He will be missed.

He was a true jazz connoisseur and host of "Jazz at Lincoln Center" which can be heard on many NPR and other affiliates. The man knew the history of the music inside and out.

Edited by trane_fanatic

He was a true jazz connoisseur and host of "Jazz at Lincoln Center" which can be heard on many NPR and other affiliates. The man knew the history of the music inside and out.

And that's the source of my comment. Nobody who really knew the music inside and out would tolerate reading the simplistic, insipid, and quite often perilously close to wrong drivel that he read. The narration script for the Von/Griff show was damn near insulting. But I don't hold that against him, even if he wrote it himself (and I don't know that he did. I hope he didn't...).

Not saying that he wasn't a fan, or even that he wasn't even a somewhat knowledgeable fan. Just that my respect & admiration for him was always based on his journalism (although I've long wondered what he might have wanted to bring to the table that the mainstream American media couldn't handle. I think there was more to him than what we got to see on Caucasian-centric Broadcasting Syndrome), not his enthusiasms in music and the displays thereof.