Anita O'Day, seriously ill

EKE BBB

This was recently posted at AAJ:

According to the person who runs her website, Anita has had a serious case of pneumonia for the past 3 weeks. She is 86 and has a new studio album out, (on her own label, Kayo) the first in over 13 years. I encourage everyone to send prayers and any good thoughts her way! She's a survivor and a living legend - perhaps the greatest jazz singer after Pops. There aren't any of her peers around anymore.

This was recently posted at AAJ:

According to the person who runs her website, Anita has had a serious case of pneumonia for the past 3 weeks. She is 86 and has a new studio album out, (on her own label, Kayo) the first in over 13 years. I encourage everyone to send prayers and any good thoughts her way! She's a survivor and a living legend - perhaps the greatest jazz singer after Pops. There aren't any of her peers around anymore.

Consider it done.

Anita O'Day is one of the most intelligent and interesting singers I have in my collection of several thousand recordings. A true legend.

I hope she'll get well soon.

The Mosaic Verve set by her was one of the only truly surprising Mosaic sets I ever got. I expected a pretty good set, as I always do with Mosaic, but found it absolutely wonderful, and one I get out and listen to as often if not more often than most others. I wish this great artist well.

Anita O'Day is one of the most intelligent and interesting singers I have in my collection of several thousand recordings. A true legend.

I hope she'll get well soon.

The Mosaic Verve set by her was one of the only truly surprising Mosaic sets I ever got. I expected a pretty good set, as I always do with Mosaic, but found it absolutely wonderful, and one I get out and listen to as often if not more often than most others. I wish this great artist well.

Yeah, unfortunately I do not have that one. :(

Unfortunately I didn't get with the Mosaic program until later.

An image that will live forever!

jazz_anita.jpg

The Newport PERFORMANCE will live in time!

These less than 10 minutes in Jazz On A Summer's Day...

A good sample of her great Verve/Cleft recordings.

Requested in the late '60 of comparing her skills with those of Ella and Sarah, Anita replied: "I know I did not have the chops, but I had a lot of heart".

:-)

Gett well soon, old young Anita

Edited by ArmandoPeraza