Tony Romo: what do you think of this player?

Opinions on the Cowboys QB Tony Romo? In another message board, someone posted the opinion that he isn't a great quarterback, but can probably win a few games if he is surrounded by good talent. (hmmm, Bledsoe couldn't seem to manage that)

Personally I think that this kid is very good indeed. He has remarkable poise and confidence for someone in such a position. He wasn't even drafted, and he has ridden the pine for what, 3 years now?

I think that injuries notwithstanding, he has a very good future ahead of him.

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

Romo has been extremely impressive in his four starts. He has a quick release, has a reasonably strong arm, is pretty accurate, moves well in the pocket, is cool under pressure, and usually makes the play when it is really needed. It appears that the Cowboys have finally found Aikman's replacement.

I like him for the simple fact that Jerry Jones didn't think the Cowboys had a chance if Romo was in there. I love it. :g

Plus, I think this kid's the real deal. He's still making some rookie mistakes & all that, but his performances have outshined any mistakes he's making. The kid is versatile and flexible.

He could have a very bright future ahead of him!

"Ribs" is alright with me!

A far better mover (literally & figuratively) than was Deadsoul.

Now, if only Twink Van Jackderhoff could meet a fate only slightly less final than Colin Ridgway's, then I'd say the rebuild was finally taking shape.

Me thinks that this self proclaimed best kicker of all time is about to file a change of address card.

"Ribs" is alright with me!

A far better mover (literally & figuratively) than was Deadsoul.

Now, if only Twink Van Jackderhoff could meet a fate only slightly less final than Colin Ridgway's, then I'd say the rebuild was finally taking shape.

Me thinks that this self proclaimed best kicker of all time is about to file a change of address card.

Me hopes!

I think Romo is the real deal. I'll admit that I was wrong in my initial blame on the offensive line of the Cowboys...but now it seems obvious that they CAN block for the quarterback...it's just that now they WANT to block for Romo. When the line doesn't respect the quarterback...he's going to be looking skyward alot...

Romo is not only calm on the field, but he's also showing poise in his dealings with the media, etc. I think he has what it takes to succeed.

I have this strange feeling that somebody else will be kicking next week....

Romo did very well today against the Bucs. If there was ever any concern about the offensive line being able to protect the QB, it sure doesn't show. He makes those guys look like pro bowlers.

5 TDs in one game! And that was by midway through the3rd quarter. He could easily have passed Aikman's record if he was allowed to go for the throat.

His poise still amazes me. I too think that the 'Pokes have found their QB for the future. Bye bye Bledsoe.

Romo did very well today against the Bucs. If there was ever any concern about the offensive line being able to protect the QB, it sure doesn't show. He makes those guys look like pro bowlers.

5 TDs in one game! And that was by midway through the3rd quarter. He could easily have passed Aikman's record if he was allowed to go for the throat.

His poise still amazes me. I too think that the 'Pokes have found their QB for the future. Bye bye Bledsoe.

You got THAT right. Today's paper compares Romo to Aikman and Staubach, saying that Aikman once threw five TD passes, but that he needed OT to get that fifth one; Staubach never threw five in one game.

Time will tell, but this kid's been solid since the first minute.