what are you doin the day after thanksgiving?

Any plans for after thanksgiving? The tradition in america seems to be to rush to the mall and take advantage of the early sales.

Personally I hate the crowds. I shop on my own schedule and at off the beaten path places (as well as online).

I saw a DVD of a Frank Zappa concert at Tower that I will probably go pick up for my stepdaughter's christmas. She is only 26, but I have converted her to the fold. ("Billy was a Mountain" did the trick)

Aside from that, I probably will stay home and clean the house.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to the clinic with my wife. . . for blood testing, possibly a transfusion of platelets or red blood cells, probably for a dressing change of her central venous catheter.

Sound like fun? :(

Probably not much fun. I'll think good thoughts for both of you on Friday (and every day while we're at it). :tup

Absolutely!

No big plans for the day, but I have a jazz gig that night with a nice rhythm section. Kind of hit and miss for what kind of crowd we'll get. Folks maybe staying home and sleeping off their turkey comas, or they may be so sick of their families that they'll be chomping at the bit to get out of the house.

I'll be on a bus from San Salvador to Guatemala City. And I'll be holding a very good thought for Lon and his wife.

Out of curiousity, can you remind me what it is that you do for a living that causes you to travel so much, and requires you to physically be in all of these places you seem to visit?

I will also be keeping good thoughts for Lon and Mrs. Lon.

Hey thanks gentlemen, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Okay, here's the GOOD news part of the equation: we're being released after tomorrow to go home for about ten days, so we're going to be traveling home on Thanksgiving day, and we'll be going to the clinic in Austin, about a mile from our house, instead of in Houston, on Friday. I'm going to get to spend some time with my cat, my stereo, and probably work half a week. Good times ahead!

Hey thanks gentlemen, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Okay, here's the GOOD news part of the equation: we're being released after tomorrow to go home for about ten days, so we're going to be traveling home on Thanksgiving day, and we'll be going to the clinic in Austin, about a mile from our house, instead of in Houston, on Friday. I'm going to get to spend some time with my cat, my stereo, and probably work half a week. Good times ahead!

Something to be Thankful for! :tup

Mall shopping on the day after Thanksgiving is strictly forbidden, as it normally is year round. I may do some shopping online, otherwise its mostly enjoying the start of a big college football weekend. I'm thinking that around 1 pm on Saturday, I'll be so disgusted by Florida State that I'll suggest to my wife that we head to the Delray Art Festival downtown a day early.

Best wishes to Lon & Mrs. Lon

I have to work- it's the first time in about 6-7 years that I'm working the day after Thanksgiving. Only me and my boss know how to do my job, and too much stuff has to get done, she's off, so it falls into my lap. But I may work a short day and then skip down to pick the bones at Tower.