Board Updates

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got problems with the new software.

When I try to view some posts, all I get is the top of the page (down to the 'Add Reply/New Topic/New Poll' level).

It's all blank beneath down to the 'Forum home' line where the bottom rest of the page reappears.

This happens on quite a number of threads. I manage - sometime but not always - to get into the thread by

going thru the 'Add Reply'.

Also I could not get into my profile to add a location to my signature.

Anybody else has these problems?

As far as the software running slower... last night the server was running incredibly slow. I don't know why. That, coupled with my extremely slow internet connection made all this updating excrutiating.

I need to get my cable modem back. :(

This may be part of the reason for the slowness.....

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid...01134&printer=1

I seem to be having a problem with post width...even when there aren't any big images in a thread, the posts end up being so wide I have to use the horizontal scroll bar to read them. I'm using Opera 7.0, anyone else experiencing this?

Still having this problem. I know some board members are Opera users--anyone know of a fix within Opera for this? I don't want to switch browsers yet again!

If you want to do a little research on your own, the makers of this board software have a website. Invision Power Board

Maybe they have the answers. They also have a forum. See if you have the same problems there.

Concerning Navigator. Any chance you could upgrade it to the newest version? I think they're up to 7.0 now and it's free. How old and what speed is your computer?

Concerning Opera: I have no idea if the software has even been tested for Opera. I would doubt that is has. See if Opera has some sort of controls for Cascading-Style-Sheets. That's what this software uses to create the pages... CSS standards.

Yes, let me know if any other invision powered board does the same things.

When I installed the new version I couldn't get the posting feature to work (kind of important for a bulletin board). After researching it on the Invision board I found out that there was a file I had to install that wasn't mentioned in the instructions for updating. Maybe the same is true in this instance.

Shit. The same thing happens both on the Invision forums and the Soulseek board ( http://slskboard.savagenews.com/index.php ) . It doesn't happen on the Macfora board ( http://www.macfora.com/forums/index.php ) but that board is laid out somewhat differently than this one and the others--it looks like they've somehow fixed the width of their board so it doesn't take up the whole screen.

I seem to be having a problem with post width...even when there aren't any big images in a thread, the posts end up being so wide I have to use the horizontal scroll bar to read them. I'm using Opera 7.0, anyone else experiencing this?

Still having this problem. I know some board members are Opera users--anyone know of a fix within Opera for this? I don't want to switch browsers yet again!

I use the latest version of Opera (7.11) and have not yet encountered the problem (with 1024x768 and 1152x864 resolution).

Are there specific threads that cause a problem?

• 1 month later...