Lindsay Lohan's condolences

I've reprinted below from USA Today's website the text of Lindsay Lohan's public message of condolences to the family of Robert Altman.

Now my question to those of you who are fathers of 19 year olds is this: Is this girl just an idiot Hollywood actress, or is her writing typical of Americans that age? Judge for yourself:

Lindsay Lohan released a statement Tuesday extending her condolences to Robert Altman's family:

"I would like to send my condolences out to Catherine Altman, Robert Altmans wife, as well as all of his immediate family, close friends, co-workers, and all of his inner circle.

"I feel as if I've just had the wind knocked out of me and my heart aches.

"If not only my heart but the heart of Mr. Altman's wife and family and many fellow actors/artists that admire him for his work and love him for making people laugh whenever and however he could..

"Robert altman made dreams possible for many independent aspiring filmmakers, as well as creating roles for countless actors.

"I am lucky enough to of been able to work with Robert Altman amongst the other greats on a film that I can genuinely say created a turning point in my career.

"I learned so much from Altman and he was the closest thing to my father and grandfather that I really do believe I've had in several years.

"The point is, he made a difference.

"He left us with a legend that all of us have the ability to do.

"So every day when you wake up.

"Look in the mirror and thank god for every second you have and cherish all moments.

"The fighting, the anger, the drama is tedious.

"Please just take each moment day by day and consider yourself lucky to breathe and feel at all and smile. Be thankful.

"Life comes once, doesn't 'keep coming back' and we all take such advantage of what we have.

"When we shouldn't..... '

"Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of yourselves' (12st book) -everytime there's a triumph in the world a million souls hafta be trampled on.-altman Its true. But treasure each triumph as they come.

"If I can do anything for those who are in a very hard time right now, as I'm one of them with hearing this news, please take advantage of the fact that I'm just a phone call away.

God Bless, peace and love always.

Thank You,

"BE ADEQUITE"

Lindsay Lohan

People who write well are relatively rare, but it's not often that something this bad is published for public consumption. Lindsay Lohan's publicist, or whoever looks after her, shouldn't have let this go out without correction. It's embarassing for her.

She should join a message board. Frequent practice on message boards definitively improves people's writing!

When you consider the state of writing skills among young people today and factor in that she probably didn't go to a normal 8 hour a day public school past the age of 12, I am not remotely surprised at the state of her writing skills.

Her PR people, however, ought to be fired. Unfortunately, chances are that they are also in their early twenties, subject to the same "education" system, and therefore incapable of recognizing bad writing or rampant grammatical errors.

I dunno. If I were managing a no 'count Hollywood actress with a film or two behind her, I'd think that, amid all the other tributes/condolences/memoires about Altman, there's a clear way for my charge to stand out from the others.

"There's no such thing as bad publicity."

MG

Edited by The Magnificent Goldberg

People who write well are relatively rare, but it's not often that something this bad is published for public consumption. Lindsay Lohan's publicist, or whoever looks after her, shouldn't have let this go out without correction.

It's also very likely that Ms. Lohan's handlers' writing skills are on the same level.

My 10-year-old writes better than this. <_<

When you consider the state of writing skills among young people today and factor in that she probably didn't go to a normal 8 hour a day public school past the age of 12, I am not remotely surprised at the state of her writing skills.

Normally I'd agree with you on this point, except the article above claims that she was a straight-A student in the Long Island school system. Even if she was in some "alternative school for kids who know they're gonna be famous later on", that's not straight-A caliber writing.

And I also agree that her handlers should have screened that before it was released.

I find it disgusting that the American educational system is brought into this. There is nothing wrong with the system, only the the culture of learning that exists in all levels in America. Learning is not considered important, and it is something that young Americans pick up on, and it is something that teachers must battle with every day.

Teachers can't teach motivation, it's a matter of choice.

I had an interesting experience in high school. All my life I'd been in the Advanced Placement courses for kids who are slightly ahead of the pack. I enjoyed learning and reading and always tried to get my work done correctly and completely. As I understood it, it was my duty to do so. In 11th grade I became more interested in art and decided that I wasn't going to go to school for academic courses, so I didn't need to continue taking the more challenging Advanced Placement courses. I dropped down to a regular-level English course. To my horror, the performance of my classmates was simply abyssmal. The entire class was so horribly deficient in terms of reading comprehension and so lacking in the ability to clearly express ideas that it was depressing. Where the Advanced Placement courses were competitive and loaded with students ravenous for learning, the regular-level course was a cesspool of stagnation. It was simply riddled with lazy students who rarely completed assignments on time. The teacher embarrassed me weekly by reading my essays aloud to the class and lambasting the rest of them that they couldn't write at the same level. I spent the whole year wishing I'd stayed where I belonged.

Edited by Noj

Now my question to those of you who are fathers of 19 year olds is this: Is this girl just an idiot Hollywood actress, or is her writing typical of Americans that age? Judge for yourself:

You read college grad Aric's ramblings here every day and you even need to ask this? :w