JOHNSON BUD The Four Brass Giants Aug 22 ,1960 Riverside 343

JONES SAM Down Home Aug 15,1962 Riverside 432

JORDAN CLIFFORD Spellbound Aug 10,1960 Riverside 340

MANGIONE CAP The jazz Brother Aug 29,1960 Riverside 335

MORGAN DICK At the Showboat May 04,1960 Riverside 1183

McBROWN LENNIE Eastern Lights Oct 13 ,1960 Riverside 346

SERRANO PAUL Blues Holiday Nov 8 ,1960 Riverside 359

WILKERSON DON The Texas Twister May 19 ,1960 Riverside 1186

I don't remember the Serrano as a Cannonball job, but I don't have it any more.

I also don't have the Roosevelt Wardell any more - but I DO remember that as a Cannonball job.

Am I going nuts in my old age?

Oh, and what about the Joe Alexander?

MG

One more to add:

Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson: Cleanhead and Cannonball - Riverside 3502

Yusef Lateef? Maybe a box covering his burst in 1957? I assume that's unlikely as Savoy and Verve don't mix with Prestige... but a Prestige/Riverside box might be great, too, or just a Riverside one also. But then they've all been out as OJCs.

Benny Golson?

Not sure Pepper's Contemporary stuff needs to be boxed, but I'd likely buy it, too.

The non-Jaws Griff stuff sounds like a sound idea! I'd rather get that than a Griff/Jaws box, I think.

And maybe a nice package of Cannonball's Japan and Paris gigs, both of which are spread over two CDs, each, I think? A Cannonball Riverside package might be great, anyway! Although with several great albums now on Capitol again, quite a junk of it would be missing...

An Art Farmer or Farmer/Gryce set would be great, too.

A Jackie Mac set I'd definitely get! Would adding the sideman appearances mean blowing it up to a huge one? If yes, don't add them... there'd be plenty of fine leader stuff, I assume (I'm still largely unfamiliar with his Prestige recordings).

Oh, and yes please on Shelly Manne! Make a few boxes, one with nice liners and photos from the 5CD live session, one with the experimental stuff, one with the non-experimental studio stuff, then an expanded box from the Manne-Hole gig, etc.

Oh, and all the Hamp Hawes Trio stuff would be great, too! One of the euro cheapo bootos have done a 2CD Complete Trio Sessions set, though...

While I agree with so many collections listed (a Manne Blackhawk box and a Pepper Contemporary box.... mmmmmm!!!), I was kinda trying to narrow it down to some of the artists who led various jam sessions on Prestige, like Burrell, Garland, etc.

But keep listing anyway; makes it much more interesting to see what's on folks' minds and besides, maybe just maybe, someone at Concord is reading.

That Burrell idea sounds great! I just got "All Day Long," have "All Night Long" from the 2001 sale in spring or summer, but I can't find it right now. The "Cats" album (with Trane, Sulieman and Flanagan) is excellent, too. The album with Jimmy Raney would fit also, I guess. Don't know that one. How abuot the one with Coltrane? Is that a jam session? I guess it was, but they did a bit more thinking than usual before starting to play... it's a beaut, for sure!

While I agree with so many collections listed (a Manne Blackhawk box and a Pepper Contemporary box.... mmmmmm!!!), I was kinda trying to narrow it down to some of the artists who led various jam sessions on Prestige, like Burrell, Garland, etc.

But keep listing anyway; makes it much more interesting to see what's on folks' minds and besides, maybe just maybe, someone at Concord is reading.

Well, I've now found an e-mail address on the Concord site:

buyjazz@concordrecords.com

Not very subtle about it, are they? :D

MG

I would like to see the Zoot Sims Pablo sessions. The Japanese 20-bit K2 release of "If I am Lucky" I have is so much superior in sound to the domestic version. I would love to see the K2 treatment of all of these sessions, though that certainly seems far-fetched now.