Sly & the Family Stone upcoming catalog upgrade

Big Al

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received this:

Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent Sly and the Family Stone Box Set order on BestBuy.com.

Due to a system error, the price of the item was incorrectly displayed. Therefore, we are unable to honor your order at the incorrect price. As a result, your order will be cancelled and you will not be charged for this item. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement. If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.bestbuy.com.

Because you are a valued customer, we would like to offer you a $10 Digital Coupon* toward a future purchase at www.bestbuy.com. Your coupon code is: XXXX [deleted by me, so none of you cats steal it. :-)]

Digital Coupons are easily redeemed when you shop online. Simply enter the 17-digit code listed above during checkout. We apply them to your purchases, up to the total purchase amount. The Digital Coupon must be used prior to the expiration date: June 8, 2007, at 11:59pm (CST). This offer is limited to one per customer, excludes gift cards, and is nontransferable. Please review full details below.

We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.bestbuy.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions.

Thank you for your loyalty,

The Customer Care Team

I just received this:

Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent Sly and the Family Stone Box Set order on BestBuy.com.

Due to a system error, the price of the item was incorrectly displayed. Therefore, we are unable to honor your order at the incorrect price. As a result, your order will be cancelled and you will not be charged for this item. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will send you a replacement. If you have any questions concerning our policies, please review the "Conditions of Use" which are found at www.bestbuy.com.

Because you are a valued customer, we would like to offer you a $10 Digital Coupon* toward a future purchase at www.bestbuy.com. Your coupon code is: XXXX [deleted by me, so none of you cats steal it. :-)]

Digital Coupons are easily redeemed when you shop online. Simply enter the 17-digit code listed above during checkout. We apply them to your purchases, up to the total purchase amount. The Digital Coupon must be used prior to the expiration date: June 8, 2007, at 11:59pm (CST). This offer is limited to one per customer, excludes gift cards, and is nontransferable. Please review full details below.

We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.bestbuy.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions.

Thank you for your loyalty,

The Customer Care Team

Me too.

I probably won't get as I told them that I felt their reason for not honoring my order was ridiculous and I would never order from them again if I could help it.

I told them their reason was an outright lie and that I was reporting them

to the Better Business Bureau (which I did) ... but they still sent me that

$10 coupon.

Well guys, I don't know what to say - mine just arrived.

I am done with BB, though.

I too am jealous. Maybe the distributor had about 5 copies at that prce. I won't deal with or get it from Best Buy, but how does the set look & sound?

i don't know if this is a good or bad thing

i still haven't received the $10.75 credit on my debit card

Mine are still showing as "pending," meaning they haven't actually gone through, but the money is being held in suspense until the authorization finally expires.

My box set should have arrived today from BB, so I hope to listen to it tonight. Initial feedback seems to be very positive on the mastering, but it's Vic Anesini, so that's not a surprise. BB canceled my $9.99 order, but did issue the $30 credit on my price adjustment from the initial order that shipped already, so the box set is costing me $15. :tup

I too am jealous. Maybe the distributor had about 5 copies at that prce. I won't deal with or get it from Best Buy, but how does the set look & sound?

I actually think the design of the box itself is a little cheesy - I'm not going to have a chance to spin it at a decent volume until this weekend so no comment on the sound, but I expect it to be great.

I actually think the design of the box itself is a little cheesy - I'm not going to have a chance to spin it at a decent volume until this weekend so no comment on the sound, but I expect it to be great.

waiting full exitement...

hehe

I'm baffled and apalled that "Hot Fun in the Summertime," "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)," and "Everybody Is a Star" are not included as bonus tracks on this box! It's not like they ran out of space! I know that these were non-lp singles, give me a break! So where will re-masters of these show up??? This is just horse shit.

Well I played about half of There's a Riot last night at pretty high volume - it sounds MUCH better than the old version (granted, that's not hard) - Poetry in particular pratically sounds like a different song! Looking forward to getting some real time with this set.

I'm baffled and apalled that "Hot Fun in the Summertime," "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)," and "Everybody Is a Star" are not included as bonus tracks on this box! It's not like they ran out of space! I know that these were non-lp singles, give me a break! So where will re-masters of these show up??? This is just horse shit.

I agree..