Alice Coltrane/Pharoah Sanders

jpmosu

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have this material I believe on a cassette release. I find the material fascinating, but it's definitely not for everyone. I'll order this cd next time I make a big order from cdjapan (I can't add it to the order I have in place as I used a coupon for that order and you can't change an order you've used a coupon on).

18 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

I have this material I believe on a cassette release. I find the material fascinating, but it's definitely not for everyone. I'll order this cd next time I make a big order from cdjapan (I can't add it to the order I have in place as I used a coupon for that order and you can't change an order you've used a coupon on).

It seems to me the kind of stuff you'd be able to buy at a meditation centre. Not suitable for general release. Can you remember where you bought the cassette, Lon?

I'm thinking there were three ashram cassettes? If so, they were all blogged back in the day, and portions were included in the official compilation for a a few years ago. I like this stuff quite a bit, actually, and would recommend it to all but the most hesitant.

Alice Coltrane - Transfiguration 2xLP

On 1/3/2004 at 6:32 PM, jazzbo said:

I think it's all organ trio, no overdubbed strings. Haven't pulled it out in a while and went to look at it and it isn't where I thought it was . . . story of my life! It's good, some of it really fierce, but I like her orchestral and her more overtly spiritual work for Warners a tad more.

Transfiguration!