James Brown dies

brownie

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome-you know what would be the best, if he did one last tour and they got they got the jbs back together they should give a funky concert w/ james browns casket in the center, and have a little speaker in the casket w/ jbs vocal track. i would pay a million dollars to see that concert

Somehow, I get the feeling that might actually happen.

On Howard Stern they made the comment that "James Brown is the hardest working dead man in show business".

Sad to say, it's true.

• 4 weeks later...

WHOA! FUTURE SHOCK!

Dude, I watched that show religiously. For as long as it was on... :g

Low-budget Soul Train knockoff, but with the incomprable Godfather egotisity overflowing from start to finish, done when his slide in popularity was more than slightly underway. Most vivid memory was of one regular dancer who, well, ok, you know how back in the 80s the thing was to wear a Benz hood ornament as a necklace? Yeah, well this cat predated all that shit by a decade, except instead of the Benz thing, he wore a JB 45 (for all you uber-kids, that's a record, not a gun...). I kid you know. Cat would be dancing all around with a freakin' 45 dangling around his neck from a chain.

You can't get TV like that anymore. And you couldn't get it but for a few months back then. But them was the daze.

WOW ...i never heard of this show , was it a nationally broadcast show or regional (nyc?)

I'm not sure if this has been posted before and I'm also not if this link is still valid (the library computer I am using seems to have blocked YouTube,) but if so, I submit to you all a hilarious video of the Godfather himself in a very...lets just say "jovial" mood:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTaDk_P91ao

Rest In Peace JB! It's a Man's World!

WHOA! FUTURE SHOCK!

Dude, I watched that show religiously. For as long as it was on... :g

Low-budget Soul Train knockoff, but with the incomprable Godfather egotisity overflowing from start to finish, done when his slide in popularity was more than slightly underway. Most vivid memory was of one regular dancer who, well, ok, you know how back in the 80s the thing was to wear a Benz hood ornament as a necklace? Yeah, well this cat predated all that shit by a decade, except instead of the Benz thing, he wore a JB 45 (for all you uber-kids, that's a record, not a gun...). I kid you know. Cat would be dancing all around with a freakin' 45 dangling around his neck from a chain.

You can't get TV like that anymore. And you couldn't get it but for a few months back then. But them was the daze.

WOW ...i never heard of this show , was it a nationally broadcast show or regional (nyc?)

Syndicated.

James Brown to get a final resting place. Agreement reached over burial At long last...

From AP today:

JAMES BROWN S BURIAL EXPECTED IN NEXT FEW DAYS

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (AP) -- The six adult children of singer James Brown have agreed with his partner, Tomi Rae Hynie, on where the entertainer will be buried, an attorney for the woman said Tuesday.

Robert Rosen said the resting place is being kept confidential at the request of Brown's children. He said the burial may take place in the "next few days."

Brown died Christmas Day at age 73. His body is in a confidential location, said Charles Reid, manager of the C.A. Reid Funeral Home, which handled Brown's funeral.

He said he checked on Brown on Tuesday, opening the gold casket to view the body.

"I do that constantly," Reid said. "That's the only way I can actually check him ... go in, open the casket and close it. And he's fine." (Watch James Brown's partner describe dispute Video)

Meanwhile, a judge in a ruling made public Tuesday said the trustees accused of mismanaging Brown's estate will keep handling his property and trust, but a special administrator will oversee their work.

The singer's six adult children claim the estate has been mismanaged, saying in court papers that some of Brown's assets were in danger of being "lost or dissipated or stolen.

The trust is said to contain most of Brown's primary assets, including music rights and his home, and is separate from Brown's will filed last week. The will called for personal possessions such as clothes, jewelry, boats and automobiles to be divided among the children.

Rosen said he and his client were pleased with the appointment.

Brown's attorney, trustee Buddy Dallas, said he was pleased and vindicated.

But it likely will not be the last hearing over the singer's estate.

"As long as there's a lawyer who can earn a fee, this will go on," Dallas said.

Attorneys for Brown's children did not immediately returns calls for comment Tuesday.